• Thread starter JohnnyAppleseed
  • Start date
J

JohnnyAppleseed

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there,
my T6 (2018) has developed a slow to respond cold water tap. She did sit for a few months without use, but now instead of the water coming out almost instantly as before its become intermittent.

Also, any reason not to use domestic bleach in the the flushing of the grey water tank and sink.

anyone any thoughts or advise very welcome,

cheers

Try removing the water tank filler cap. It could be that the pump is pulling a bit of a vacuum. A long shot but worth checking. The filler cap has a small air passage (anti vac) and could be blocked with crud.

Bleach? As long as it’s well diluted, and you flush with fresh water afterwards, I don’t see a big issue as once in a blue moon thing. We use Milton.

Had the same problem last year. After switching the tab on and off a few times it sorted itself out. I presume that the microswitch was sticking from lack of use. Can’t see any reason not to use bleach in the waste water tank, I do.

I don't like the idea of bleach and plastic tanks, Milton is safe for babies and their bottles

Doesn’t bleach come in a plastic bottle?
Yes but how do you know that your plastic tank is the same chemical composition as the bleach's plastic bottle? it is an expensive experiment I would not be willing to try.

Also, I am pretty certain that bleach isn't supposed to be used in confined spaces (such as tanks) as it gives off gas when in contact with acids.
However Milton is half strength Bleach so I stand corrected!

Attachments

• eng_bleach.pdf
    198.9 KB · Views: 6
thanks everyone for your valid responses

We had the same problem and the tap finally stopped working all together, we could hear the click of the micro switch but ….no water. It turned out to be the contacts in the switch rather like the points in a distributor on an older car. These can be cleaned BUT the risk is losing the tiny piece of metal (in my case down the sink waste, should have put the plug in!) that causes the click on the micro switch.
Having lost the vital piece, I ordered a new micro switch but it’s almost impossible to fit without breaking the tap. In the end a new tap was ordered from the site shop, worked immediately but 18 months later there is a delay before the water starts, especially after not being used for a while. There are posts where people have bypassed the switch using a relay, this might be the solution.

If you place a small 12v Relay in the circuit after the microswitch, so the microswitch energises the relay coil and the relay contacts energise the pump, then you remove the large in rush current (and associated arcing) from the delicate microswitch such that the relay (which is higher rated) switches the load without the associated arcing. The only additional connection required is to the chassis ground.

Back