Collapsible Watering Can

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
What do the experienced folk here think of this http://www.garden-gear.co.uk/collapsible-watering-can.htm as a means to fill the water tank whilst away. 9L capacity, folds down to 9cm tall. Not sure of the diameter but looks around 22cm based on the extended height of 28cm.

They are generally a tenner more than this, but are on ebay at this price of £14.99 + £2.95 shipping.

I'm currently carrying a cumbersome piece of hose which I have to wrestle with and store away. Its of no use when already pitched-up on site (without driving to the tap). A couple of trips with this small watering can appears to me to be a better option. Did I miss something obvious?

I like the look of that. I also have a dodgy bit of hose this may solve my problem as well
Good spot :thumb :thumb

There are a few other very funky collapsible things that you can stuff into your Cali's available here ;

see next post................................ :oops:

Kettles & Buckets etc

:cool:

http://www.busfest.org

wilupo7 said:
Did I miss something obvious?

Its probably not food grade plastic. This might not matter to you, but be aware of it.

Just an update after I bought one.

Generally quite pleased. It is a little bit of a faff to assemble, and you need to do this every time you use it, but it is quite sturdy, and TAKES UP SO LITTLE SPACE, which compared with my current set-up makes it a winner. I tend to use the hose pipe at home, so this is just for fill-ups whilst away, and I'm happy with the hassle/space saving trade off.

Thanks for the comments regarding it not being food grade. I think you are right but wonder how many of the alternatives (flexi funnel, garden hose pipe etc) are. The water will only be in the 'can for less than a minute, and will be boiled before drinking, so I again I think the trade off is OK. I have a plumbed toilet in my van, so that is the main user of the water.

Back