Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Awning Room

JohnCalifornia

JohnCalifornia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
So this weekend had our 2nd trip in Candy and tried out our awning room for the first time. Great addition to our camping equipment,, literally 5 minutes to fit and also take down. We had a hard standing so didn’t peg it down totally but it wasn’t windy so all good. I left it up all weekend and is great for putting table and chairs in and the portable toilet at night time. Just ordered a ground sheet for it too. Next trip away is next Thursday and can’t wait……..

6CF18D80-C55B-458A-87C1-067D9943A6C3.jpeg

E021DD92-922F-4D82-8D49-C1B53EB096EB.jpeg

7FF5CDC5-8E38-4C27-A050-D86CB71E107C.jpeg

E9743902-D3E5-4069-8053-56AB7690AD29.jpeg

D430F9BB-E1D0-4995-B699-F6F8744F1CD5.jpeg

FC7CBE6C-7C3F-4A06-86AB-75062A3AFD19.jpeg

2710B65C-9DFF-4519-87C5-FA0700E698F0.jpeg

EA2871E0-328C-412D-8F9E-7397A7086D6F.jpeg

Looking good, thanks for the update and valuable information regarding the awning room

I always fasten mine down thoroughly no matter what the weather. Its surprising how the wind can suddenly gust from nowhere and, if the wind gets underneath it, can cause a lot of damage.

I always fasten mine down thoroughly no matter what the weather. Its surprising how the wind can suddenly gust from nowhere and, if the wind gets underneath it, can cause a lot of damage.
Good advice

We tried ours out for the first time at the start of May. It made such a difference having some additional space. It was pouring with rain when we put it up, but we ensured awning canvas was taut and dipped a leg so everything stayed lovely and dry. We were on hard standing and pegged it down. Although the supplied plastic pegs were no use, I’ve just bought some metal ground sheet pegs on Amazon. We had a ground sheet and awning room carpet on top. It was super.

We also bought the awning room fill in panels so there was no gap to the Cali and and also have an inflatable Outdoor revolution gap filler for under the van (mainly to stop my dog escaping but it also was excellent for stopping draughts.

can i ask do you think the mud flaps on your van make a difference. I have the same colour van lower half and it always looks dirty.Was thinking to add some..

can i ask do you think the mud flaps on your van make a difference. I have the same colour van lower half and it always looks dirty.Was thinking to add some..
Hi Rob, I’ve only had the Cali for around 6 weeks and haven’t really driven it in wet or muddy conditions so not too sure but they are there for a reason so should stop muck etc flying up . I like the look of them on the Cali though and if they weren’t fitted then I would fit them just for aesthetic reasons. I notice my bottom half looks dusty more than anything but dark colours always look dirty quick.

So this weekend had our 2nd trip in Candy and tried out our awning room for the first time. Great addition to our camping equipment,, literally 5 minutes to fit and also take down. We had a hard standing so didn’t peg it down totally but it wasn’t windy so all good. I left it up all weekend and is great for putting table and chairs in and the portable toilet at night time. Just ordered a ground sheet for it too. Next trip away is next Thursday and can’t wait……..

View attachment 109122

View attachment 109123

View attachment 109124

View attachment 109125

View attachment 109126

View attachment 109127

View attachment 109128

View attachment 109129
One bit of handy advice. Invest in a Fiamma rafter pro. There is nothing worse than waking up to A huge belly in the roof awning. I’ve tried it with and without the rafter and I personally think with is best.
Also always try and raise the awning legs on one corner so there is less chance of puddles and water can run off easier. You will find what’s best for you but awnings are expensive to replace and water weighs 1 kg per litre. Better safe than sorry.

One bit of handy advice. Invest in a Fiamma rafter pro. There is nothing worse than waking up to A huge belly in the roof awning. I’ve tried it with and without the rafter and I personally think with is best.
Also always try and raise the awning legs on one corner so there is less chance of puddles and water can run off easier. You will find what’s best for you but awnings are expensive to replace and water weighs 1 kg per litre. Better safe than sorry.
Hi will the Rafter pro fit all the awnings that come standard with the California. I have a Cali on order but not sure what the make is?