Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Complete custom Kitchen Pod for VW Beach 2 seater

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
As per full description and build below, well over 100 hrs went into this - pretty much still in immaculate condition.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/building-a-kitchen-pod-for-the-beach.14752/page-4

img_3624-jpg.15558

Works brilliantly (used for 4 week trip over this August). Suitable for any 2 seater T5 Beach - maybe T6 but not sure if they are the same internally??

Includes water pump and electrics for pump, jerry cans, Smev sink, microswitch tap, drawer, shelves etc. 'Coca Cola' table and leg with rail also included. Fridge NOT included. I will also include the support for the fridge and the modified Multiflex replacement I made, see here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...oard-in-my-two-seater-beach-help.14700/page-2

And I will also include the replacement foam mattress we made for the rear. In our Beach it has the optional comfort mattress so while the pod was in use we needed a slightly narrower rear mattress part to replace this.

The fixings for securing the pod to the floor are not included as these were taken from the standard Beach storage box so you will be able to use the same from the box in your own Beach.

Asking £795 for everything and cash on collection from East Sussex please.

PM or email: maxpoilu(AT)+++++(DOTCOM)

Last edited:
Bravissimo.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Well, quite a few views and some interest but still available.

How about £100 off so now just £695 for the whole lot! Kitchen pod, sink, jerrycans, tap, electrics etc + custom table and the multiflex board + mattress. That's blooming cheap considering it is like new and a Maxxcamp is £2000 and converters would probably want £1800 to make you a custom one off kitchen pod! ;)

OK, it's still here so another £100 off. :eek:

Now just £595 for the whole lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:sorry

Hi. Not interested in the pod but ... are you selling your Waeco fridge?

Cannot believe this has not sold after so much interest in Beach kitchen pods over the years. :(

Anyway, last shout before it goes on eBay this week.

Last edited:
If I knew this would fit my T6 Beach then I'd be interested - do you know what the likely issues/differences would be?

Cannot believe this has not sold after so much interest in Beach kitchen pods over the years. :(

Anyway, last shout before it goes on eBay this week.

£500 and it's yours. :)
I guess most of us beach owners have the three seater bench... afraid this pod won't fit there.
We have 3 children, the 2 seat beach was not an option.

If I knew this would fit my T6 Beach then I'd be interested - do you know what the likely issues/differences would be?

To be honest I have not been in a T6 so do not know how/if the interior panels etc differ. Probably the same I guess - I still have trouble telling a T6 from a T5 on the road! ;)

I think it is fantastic and a lovely job, sadly I have a 3 seat too. I am sure it will sell when the right person comes along.

Does it fit an ordinary T5 combo van? That would increase it's appeal. I have forwarded this page to someone who has a T5 Sportline.

My Beach is sold and was collected yesterday and the pod is still available. It is precisely contoured to fit the Beach side trim so not sure how it will mate up to another VW model, ie Sportline van.

Hi, viewing is welcome. I'm in East Sussex near Hastings.

Price will not be dropping as a commercially made pod would be a minimum of three times this amount and the price is not far off covering the material costs - the one hundred hours that went into it making it come free! ;)

Last edited:
Can you give the exact dimensions especially width x height x depth?
I might know someone interested.

Sure, obviously this is for the 'rectangular' top surface - the back is contoured to fit exactly against the trim side panel to the rear.

W X H X D = 850mm x 755mm x 435mm.

It's still here and available - last call of any interest before eBay? :)

You and me both Matt - the amount of "...two seater Beach kitchen pod?" discussions there have been on here over the last few years - I honestly thought it would fly yet people are willing to spend £2000+ on Maxxcamp etc! :headbang

Last edited:
yet people are willing to spend £2000+ on Maxxcamp etc! :headbang
3-seater beach owners consider it, due to lack of alternatives (slidepods inslidepod is still not out..). Guess for the 2 seater there are other options as any pod near the side is not in the way when making up the bed.

Still here...

less than 1/4 the price of a Maxxcamp or custom pod from a UK builder. :eek:

Last edited:
Back