Control Panel Change for MY 2015

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Having been on the forum for sometime I have read a lot of into about the California, especially about the problems with the Control Panel Knob. I was under the impression it was a solid knob that could turn and then pushed in to select.
exactly like the picture in the Cali Accessory Store.

However, having just my new California I noticed that mine is different.
It is in 2 parts, the outer rim turns and the central button pushes in separately to select. Between the 2 pieces is a space which is illuminated when the Control Panel is ON.

So, I wonder, are there any other changes to the screen, electronics etc:.

control_panel_knob.gif Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 15.35.39.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you but the one in the picture is a replacement without the ring but I think you will find your is still a solid knob that turns and presses I think the ring only gives the impression its separate .

Mine is like that, with a blue background and wavy lines running up and down it that gives the impression that all the icons and symbols are fish swimming in a tropical fish tank.

Has your also got the second display in the ceiling, a little thermometer type screen that runs from green to red, indicating the degree of roof corrosion?

Yep just the same here.

I did notice that the 2014 Caravelle we had for a while had sharper (and nicer) graphics on the dash computer screen. Assume that's also on the newer Calis?

What is that little screen in the roof lining above the driver for? It's hidden by the sun visor when in the up position.

The light that comes on when you slide the vanity mirror open?

I'm probably more aware of it as it is one of the most-used features of my cali :oops: :oops:

Well, got to find something to do when stuck in traffic .....

Back