Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel, errors, faults, & clearing them. Can settings be coded vie the OBD port (and maybe Carista?), or are camping systems totally seperate?

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Further to my earlier fault with the water pump not working and instead throwing up an error code, I was wondering, are the camping systems controlled by the ECU in the same way that the rest if the vehicle is? While I am booked in to see VW tomorrow so they can look at it under warranty, I am curious to know if it’s a fault that they can just clear via the OBD port, or whether the camping systems are completely different to the vehicle’s “native” ECU? I haven’t heard of anyone coding camping systems via Carista (or similar), but it strikes me that the camping systems in the T6.1 are vastly more complex than in the T6, which seemed completely separate from the base vehicle’s electrics. Any thoughts? Thanks

I’ve got a Carista dongle, and I haven’t come across any Cali specific settings, only for the base vehicle.

Have a look at the t6.1 camping electrics diagram in the resources section.

The t6.1 does most things via J608 which is the ECU responsible for, inter alia, lights and heaters on taxis and police vehicles.

The camping side is primarily lin bus data (battery sensors) can bus (heaters, max charge, camping mode)

The one odd function undertaken by the control panel is the rear air-conditioning.

I've not seen a way to address the control panel's internal state via the obd. But J608 has lots of diagnostic outputs and inputs.

Back