Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel

S

Sara72

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
New to this but need help
We brought our t5 cali in lockdown and haven't been able to use it yet. Just gone to put the roof up ( which we have done 4 times since owning the van ) And the control panel is dead. No display at all. I have read the other comments others have posted and I was wondering where I might find the correct fuse for this. ( we are on hookup so know it's not the batteries )

We brought our t5 cali in lockdown and haven't been able to use it yet. Just gone to put the roof up ( which we have done 4 times since owning the van ) And the control panel is dead. No display at all. I have read the other comments others have posted and I was wondering where I might find the correct fuse for this. ( we are on hookup so know it's not the batteries )
Sorry, but how do you know its not the batteries? You need Ignition On to raise the roof, so both engine and Leisure Batteries must have an adequate charge.
You need to measure the voltages first.

Sorry, but how do you know its not the batteries? You need Ignition On to raise the roof, so both engine and Leisure Batteries must have an adequate charge.

You need to measure the voltages first.
We've tried with the ignition on as well, still nothing

Fuses are under the passenger seat

T6_Ocean_Fuses.png

Thanks for all your advice, it's come back on on it's own
When plugged into the mains, what voltage does the Control Panel show?

I’ve found that mine goes very dim if it hasn’t been used for a while and then seems to warm up and be OK after a few hours. This may be what has happened to yours. No idea what the science is behind this but it’s happened several times. Finally this year it doesn’t seem to have fully recovered though. I think it’s sulking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say the control panel is dead, and you are on hook up. First check batteries with a multimeter, what voltage? Around 12.6 12.7 is 100%. On hook up the voltage should be 13-14,5V. Check fuses, under seat and directly on the battery in the back. I’ve manage to fix this in three callis. One had loose connection on the battery terminal. Two callis had damage wire under seat/floor...

We have the same problem with our 2017 Ocean went to drive at weekend and control panel dead, back light comes on for 10 secs but no display with ignition on or off and hook up plugged in and unplugged, have tried running engine to no avail, any advice please ?

Back