• Start date
Pure Worktop Protection

Pure Worktop Protection

VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
IMG_4986.JPG IMG_4981.JPG Anyone had issues with VW branded side bars. Had these fitted by dealer in February onto new Ocean.
Noticed that the welding on rear end offside was a bit poor st the outset, seems that the end of the bar was not located onto the fixing plate correctly but 5 months down the road and looking bad now.
VW Heritage in Bristol say not covered on warranty as I have caused the damage by driving into something!
Any thoughts?

View attachment 23502 View attachment 23501 Anyone had issues with VW branded side bars. Had these fitted by dealer in February onto new Ocean.
Noticed that the welding on rear end offside was a bit poor st the outset, seems that the end of the bar was not located onto the fixing plate correctly but 5 months down the road and looking bad now.
VW Heritage in Bristol say not covered on warranty as I have caused the damage by driving into something!
Any thoughts?
Maybe not what you want to hear but I tend to agree with them.
If you haven't knocked it and it was badly put together and welded, as you stated, then it should have been brought to their attention at the time as it will be very difficult to prove 5 months down the line.

Seems to be a totally different construction to my VW branded Stainless steel bars.:thumb

Our VW black side bars our now 6 months old and look new no rust, although I have sprayed the bolts/fixing a couple of times with WD40. I tend to agree with WG that they differ from the Stainless ones on my T5

Maybe not what you want to hear but I tend to agree with them.
If you haven't knocked it and it was badly put together and welded, as you stated, then it should have been brought to their attention at the time as it will be very difficult to prove 5 months down the line.

Seems to be a totally different construction to my VW branded Stainless steel bars.:thumb

Thanks WG
Surely the dealership would only have sold genuine VW parts? Any images of what you think the genuine article should look like??

I had eBay knock offs on my previous van & the black paint got progressively sand blasted off from road debris kicked up by the front wheels - they didn't go rusty though & fronts were showing thru silver steel.

I'd not be happy with those either, but sadly I agree with the above points & it's unlikely the Dealer will / should help - give 'em a rub down, some Rust Eater & a close matching black 'tough' spray paint every so often.

Thanks WG
Surely the dealership would only have sold genuine VW parts? Any images of what you think the genuine article should look like??
The only difference might be that I have Stainless steel rather than Painted/powder coated side bars.

Back