Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Croatia and Slovenia (well, outside the EU!)

tim batten

tim batten

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Caroline and I are planning a cross Europe trip in our California in September this year.
We'll be heading for Croatia and Slovenia. Has anyone done this trip in their Cali, and if so, do you have any advice on places to go, things to see, good campsites etc? Thanks. TIM.

Tim
We did this last year will put some notes together for you.

We drove down to Croatia a couple of years back, have to say it was one of my favourite roadtrips, we drove via Baden Baden, Lake Garda and Verona down to Dubrovnik before heading out to Viganj near Korcula for a week. Heading back we stopped off in Slovenia, visiting Predjama Castle, the Postojna Caves and then spending a day or two at Lake Bled. We didn't book anything in advance, as it seems with most of these places you can't actually book in advance (plus it kind of ruins the spirit of the road trip). For some ideas on route, places and camp sites our travel blog is here

Great blog Danny 13, those caves look cool :)

thanks Linda, Bosnia makes for an even more exciting roadtrip! No parking the T5 on the verge here! It's a beautiful country.

284053_10150711837215635_6301699_n.jpg

We drove out there last summer - and will probably do the same this year and spend 2 / 3 months out there - great place, especially if you enjoy sea kayaking
Some images http://www.flickr.com/photos/rollalot/sets/72157631234131514/
And a 'highlight' here http://rollalots.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/zrmanja.html

We didn't book anything, stayed well clear of any campsites that were advertised on the web and in the UK - hideously crowded (we were there in August!), but there are loads of really nice sites that you can just stumble across - quiet and lots of space

You will enjoy it
Graham

Thank you all for yopur replies so far - keep them coming! I look forward to getting more info from you Les. Great photos Graham. TIM.

Done both by car and both are fantastic. I think I prefer Slovenia over Croatia to be honest. Went to Slovenia for a week in 2010 and stayed near Lake Bled which is great. There is/was a campsite at Lake Bled as well, although no idea on costs etc...Great for swimming in and the caves are worth visiting too!

In Croatia we stayed in a gerat campsite in Split that was just off the main road and had its own private bay and a really good campsite with grea facilities. Dubrovnik was lovely too as are the beaches.

I want to go back to Slovenia next year if we can

cheers and enjoy

Back