Croatia - tips needed

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Yesterday we made a dramatic last minute change in our holiday plans. We were set on Holland, France and northern Spain - but for many reasons we yesterday decided on going the other direction (To be able to act spontaneously is the best part of a Campervan).

Well, Croatia here we come!

So - besides all the info already on the forum (some is quite old) – We will be really happy for last minutes dos and don'ts. Tips on good food and small campsites. Whatever you might have ;-)

Happy holidays for everyone!

PS: As for now We are planning to go thru Germany, Austria, Slovenia down, and might go via Zagreb - Hungary (Budapest) - Slovakia (Bratislava) - Austria (Vienna) back.

Peljesac peninsula. Camp perna. My favorite. Korcula. Dubrovnik. ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Kmann

I appended a synopsis of our recent trip through Austria, into Slovenia and Croatia and back through Italy and Austria onto an earlier report from Gavinski - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...venia-croatia-italy-switzerland-france.15065/

For Croatia we only really did the Istrian peninsula, i.e. the top bit on the coast. We really liked Rovinj and the campsite we used Val Saline to the north of Rovinj was really excellent. There's a bus into town or you could cycle or do a long walk along the coast. We weren't impressed by Pula - there's an amphitheatre but not much else.

Vrsar was also nice, an enclosed harbour. Porec was OK but very touristy. Around this area are some small villages inland where the restaurants all serve suckling pig or lamb. Not to be missed.

We also enjoyed the Kamenjak peninsular south of Pula. Good walking.

On the way through if you're heading for Istria you could stop at Motovun - a hilltop town which is worth a visit (lunch).

On the way there the campsite we used at Leibnitz was very good just north of the Slovenian border in Austria. And Ljubljana is worth a visit - hundreds of bars and restaurants. The campsite north of town needs a refresh but it's OK for a night (or two).

Back