Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

Retired, and working hard at it
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all,
We’ve just signed up for the Fairport Convention Cropredy Festival running 10-12 August 2023, complete with a 3-day camping ticket. I we were wondering, has anyone been previously with their campervan, and do you have any tips for Cropredy Newbies?

We went to see the Fairports at the Settle Victoria Hall this year (camping of course), and had a great time with the lovely locals of Settle, and the travelling Fairport fans. Cropredy was heavily plugged of course, and with the bonus of acts like 10CC, Strawbs and Fishermens Friends - we thought - Why Not? :cheers

Anyone else going?

Hi, we’ve been to Cropredy several times, this year was the first time in the van.

Luckily we’re able to get tickets in the artists field. But from what I‘ve seen there‘s a decent walk from the camping field(s) to the main field. So I’d recommend taking a trolley to haul your stuff there and back (chairs, blankets, snacks, etc).

Not sure if you’re in to running but on the Saturday morning there‘s a semi organised run around the area and everyone has a beer after. So take your running stuff if that’s your thing.

I love it. We go grandparents and our young children. Something for all of us and it’s the perfect size to relax and chill out. Hope you have a great time.

Hi, we’ve been to Cropredy several times, this year was the first time in the van.

Luckily we’re able to get tickets in the artists field. But from what I‘ve seen there‘s a decent walk from the camping field(s) to the main field. So I’d recommend taking a trolley to haul your stuff there and back (chairs, blankets, snacks, etc).

Not sure if you’re in to running but on the Saturday morning there‘s a semi organised run around the area and everyone has a beer after. So take your running stuff if that’s your thing.

I love it. We go grandparents and our young children. Something for all of us and it’s the perfect size to relax and chill out. Hope you have a great time.
Thanks for the advice @Winston Rumfoord - we will pack a trolley then! Not sure about the run, but the beer sounds good to me :thumb.

Whoo- hoo!! Tickets arrived this morning, together with a camping pass sticker, plus a cool advertising sticker for the van.

It looks there are 9 camping fields, and camping opens 7am on the Thursday - with the traffic management starting at 3am - looks like being an early start!! No idea which camping fields will suit us best. Maybe we’ll try the larger ones to the south - 7a,b,c - perhaps less queues to get into these ??

BC2DF5E5-C424-4EF2-834C-543356310FC2.jpeg

3EDB9E14-FCB6-4360-ADD1-2EE11841DDD7.jpeg

Just resurrecting this thread to find out if anyone else is heading to Cropredy next week, and share previous experiences.

Best field to camp ?
Take an awning ?
Ports potti essential ?
Water on site to refill ?
Best time to arrive ?

Where are you camping this year?

Back