Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CRS Performance Cannock

mattpartridge

mattpartridge

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just wanted to recommend Steve at CRS Performance in Cannock. I had the VW Sportline springs fitted to my T5.1 Cali 12 months ago, supposed to lower the van by 30mm all round, but actually lowered front by 50mm and rear by 75mm! Unhappy with the result because the van looked really low at the back (lower than it’s meant to look), and the rear mud flaps also rubbed on uneven ground. The ride was really awful too, very crashy over potholes. Also, never really happy with how the rear wheels especially appeared sunken in the wheel arches with my Sportline wheels.

So after reading many threads on here, I plucked up courage and booked my van in with Steve at CRS Performance. He recommended fitting different springs to the rear to raise it up by 25mm, along with Koni dampers all round. I also opted to have H&R Hubcentric spacers fitted to bring the wheels out a bit, went for 21mm at the front and 25mm at the rear.

Can’t speak too highly of Steve and the way he has sorted my van. Not only is the ride transformed, but the van drives much better now it is level, 50mm drop all round. Also very pleased with the stance of the van and how the wheels now fill the arches. Loving the Milltek sports exhaust too!

89497BAD-537D-4370-A5F3-2CF8D24CDDBC.jpeg

79B938BC-E0CE-49B4-B0D6-C09A931CA37E.jpeg200FBA04-4789-4336-9C82-3FFBB61A5158.jpeg41D36656-2D56-4A51-AC61-D16409D2C998.jpeg

Your van looks mint Matt. Regards your original experience it sounds very similar to ours with VW Sheffield when they fitted sportline springs. The ride was terrible and it turned out they’d fitted the wrong ones.. There are two different part numbers.