Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Curly lead setup

bangorlad

bangorlad

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just been starting to install a single solar panel with curly lead from Roger + Solar Camper Solutions and have managed to get the lead through the slitted grommet into the cupboard before calling it a night and having a beer. It looks from a photo that I should feed the lead through the grommet more or less right up to the start of the curly bit, am I right? I decided not to put the panel on the roof this afternoon as I'm not comfortable I know enough about an open circuit panel sat for a few hours in bright sun so am working from the bottom up - should be solar by tomorrow...:cool:

Stew

I fed the straight cable through, so the cable join was inside. I asked about leaving the panel unconnected and Roger said it was fine.

Just been starting to install a single solar panel with curly lead from Roger + Solar Camper Solutions and have managed to get the lead through the slitted grommet into the cupboard before calling it a night and having a beer. It looks from a photo that I should feed the lead through the grommet more or less right up to the start of the curly bit, am I right? I decided not to put the panel on the roof this afternoon as I'm not comfortable I know enough about an open circuit panel sat for a few hours in bright sun so am working from the bottom up - should be solar by tomorrow...:cool:

Stew
An unconnected panel is basically Inert.

Bit late sorry, but yes, lose as much straight at both ends as possible. That's how the curly section is made to measure.