Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

dab conversion for 510

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Is there a nifty DAB device on the market that can be connected to the 510 so I can hear DAB trough the California speakers? How does it connect? What is it and how much? How big?

Having paid extra for dab in mine I don't think it's worth the effort, travelling to york yesterday listening to absolute 80's it kept cutting out due to poor signal, the fm radio seems to sound better too. I think the dab radio in uk is known for been a bit poor. Went through a week of listening to different stations on dab but the signal thing got annoying so now just have fm stations on. Personally I wouldn't go to too much trouble or expense unless you really need dab.

I've got the RNS510 + DAB and used so far in South/Mid Wales, across to Norfolk, down to Cornwall and many points in between - Excellent DAB reception. Occassionaly switches to FM in the Welsh Valleys

Thanks. My 510 hasn't got DAB and I don't want to change the whole unit to get it so was wondering if there was a DAB gadget that can be attached to the 510 unit so I can get DAB through the existing system.

Thanks. My 510 hasn't got DAB and I don't want to change the whole unit to get it so was wondering if there was a DAB gadget that can be attached to the 510 unit so I can get DAB through the existing system.

I know you said you didn't want to but you could sell your existing 510 and buy a 510 with DAB, probably only cost £200 for the upgrade. Otherwise won't you have to spend £200 on an add on unit which isn't going to integrate perfectly anyways.

Welshgas, Calikev: Thats more like it! Than you.
I know you said you didn't want to but you could sell your existing 510 and buy a 510 with DAB, probably only cost £200 for the upgrade. Otherwise won't you have to spend £200 on an add on unit which isn't going to integrate perfectly anyways.
Good point, well made!