Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DAB reception poor Ocean 6.1

edzt

edzt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Owned this for about 10 months. Initially it had reasonable reception in DAB, now can’t get my beloved R6m among others

Two things I’ve done to the vehicle, used Carista for the Ignition warning and one touch wing mirror fold. Second fitted a dash cam power tap taken from the fuses lower right under the lights switch.

Thinking it was the latter I removed the power tap and lead and re-tuned. Radio 6 appeared!!
Tidied up, shut the van door and promptly lost signal

Am I right in thinking the aerial is in the right hand door mirror?

Any thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Owned this for about 10 months. Initially it had reasonable reception in DAB, now can’t get my beloved R6m among others

Two things I’ve done to the vehicle, used Carista for the Ignition warning and one touch wing mirror fold. Second fitted a dash cam power tap taken from the fuses lower right under the lights switch.

Thinking it was the latter I removed the power tap and lead and re-tuned. Radio 6 appeared!!
Tidied up, shut the van door and promptly lost signal

Am I right in thinking the aerial is in the right hand door mirror?

Any thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct. Maybe a poor connection. I believe there is a connector between wing mirror wiring loom and vehicle. Maybe connection lost when closing door due to pull on connector.

I had poor DAB reception when I first got my Cali new but sorted itself out as I think a cheap iPhone mag charger was casing the issue.

Mine in the T5 is just dreadful. Was hoping for a solution!

I seem to have lost R6 a few months ago. Don’t have anything plugged in that would cause this and a cheap digital radio picks it up fine. Van going in for a service this week and as under warranty I’ve asked them to try to sort it….can’t say I’m particularly optimistic.

I seem to have lost R6 a few months ago. Don’t have anything plugged in that would cause this and a cheap digital radio picks it up fine. Van going in for a service this week and as under warranty I’ve asked them to try to sort it….can’t say I’m particularly optimistic.
Try re-scanning.

Correct. Maybe a poor connection. I believe there is a connector between wing mirror wiring loom and vehicle. Maybe connection lost when closing door due to pull on connector.
I think he’s got t6.1 so isn’t the dab aerial on the roof, the t6 was door mirror.

My t6.1 dab was poor compared to the dab in jimny get radio6 nearly all around cairngorms (few blind spots), only way I got it on t6.1 was to stream from phone

I think he’s got t6.1 so isn’t the dab aerial on the roof, the t6 was door mirror.

My t6.1 dab was poor compared to the dab in jimny get radio6 nearly all around cairngorms (few blind spots), only way I got it on t6.1 was to stream from phone
That roof aerial is definitely for the SOS system, not sure if they have moved the FM and DAB aerials to that location.

I had poor DAB reception when I first got my Cali new but sorted itself out as I think a cheap iPhone mag charger was casing the issue.
i had the same issue with a usb adapter, wiped out all dab signal, moved the adapter to the kitchen 12v socket and fixed, but dont froget to remove if left for long periods as it will kill you leisure batteries.

Tried re-scanning. No joy. However R6 appears if the drivers door is open...not very helpful for long journeys.

So an update incase it is helpful for anyone. It took 3 attempts (ie the garage having the van for a day!) to get the VW garage to acknowledge that there was an issue with DAB reception but eventually having exhausted all other options including a 6hr software update (!?) they agreed to replace the DAB aerial in the drivers side mirror. Success! and I now have R6 back... My ongoing theory is that the aerial also has a small 'amplifier' (?) attached to it which sits in the back of the mirror and potentially this has failed.
Luckily I had a factory extended warranty so haven't had to pay for this garage extravaganza.

I’m also having issues with the DAB signal on my MY24 Ocean. In my previous T6.1’s, I could choose between either FM or DAB signals and always chose FM. On my new Ocean headunit, it shows a combined FM/DAB option. The radio is spending so much time looking for a signal that the radio is virtually impossible to listen too.

Does anyone know a way of switching off the DAB option in settings?

Back