Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Damaged door card

morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Found 2 cuts in my door card.
Been travelling with 2 litre ware bottles in door
Can’t think how else these little cuts have appeared.
Thought perhaps the bottles rubbing ?
Passenger door ok even though it to carried water.
Any thoughts on a repair?
I know it’s nice to have softer plastic but hard trim in the pocket would be better.
Be quoted £382 plus vat for new door card !!
A sticker would do as I may damage again ?
Shame as I really can’t pin point how it happened.
Thoughts most welcome A8567D3A-0D68-49CA-B9FC-0D5D25BF4AB6.jpeg

Repairable. I have had door cards on a Land Rover Discovery repaired which had significant damage (caused by trapped seat belts). I found someone local by asking the Dealership who they used for Smart interior repairs on used vehicles. Could not see any repairs.

You could also have a go. I have used Furniture Clinic products on leather seats. They are Newcastle based and may be able to make a suggestion/ do the repair. See here: Leather Car Interior Repair & Restoration

We discovered something similar (a melted area), when we sold our previous Cali. We also used to keep a clear plastic supermarket water bottle in the front N/S door card.

My only thoughts are that perhaps direct sunlight through the bottle and water caused a magnifying effect thereby causing localised melting of the door card material. It's a long shot but I feel it's the most likely cause. In our case there was no other possible way it could have happened.

That’s for the reply's
it was very hot in Devon last time over 30 and all the dash etc was red hot and we travelled back in the heat with bottles in door pocket
Lesson learnt
Will ask the dealer who they use for repairs

Back