Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard beep

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi
Recently my dashboard display beeps once whilst driving. When i look at the display it quickly changes from Miles per gallon screen ( or engine temperature etc ) and goes to a diagram of the van ( the one when one of the doors is open). But the doors are not open . Then it quickly returns to the original display.
T5 Cali

Any ideas people ?
Welsh gas ???lol

Definitely a bad contact of a door closing switch.
The first thing would be to see on the display which door is at fault.
Another track would be to press one door at a time (car stationary, engine running) to see when the warning light comes on.

Hi
Recently my dashboard display beeps once whilst driving. When i look at the display it quickly changes from Miles per gallon screen ( or engine temperature etc ) and goes to a diagram of the van ( the one when one of the doors is open). But the doors are not open . Then it quickly returns to the original display.
T5 Cali

Any ideas people ?
Welsh gas ???lol
As @Wesel says. Check also the Bonnet and rear tailgate. Both have switches that trigger the MFD display.

Definitely a bad contact of a door closing switch.
The first thing would be to see on the display which door is at fault.
Another track would be to press one door at a time (car stationary, engine running) to see when the warning light comes on.
Thanks . I did actually at one point wondered if it could be door problem. now and then the security alarm does off, but hasn't done for a couple of weeks
press one door at a time? What do you mean ?
The display showing that a door is open doesn't show the door is open if that makes sense

Thirdly, where is the bonnet and tailgate switches?

Once again , many thanks

Thanks . I did actually at one point wondered if it could be door problem. now and then the security alarm does off, but hasn't done for a couple of weeks
press one door at a time? What do you mean ?
The display showing that a door is open doesn't show the door is open if that makes sense

Thirdly, where is the bonnet and tailgate switches?

Once again , many thanks
I think the tailgate switch is internal to the lock , the bonnet switch is part of the bonnet latching mechanism.J20366-0.jpg