Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Change Default Dashboard Language

chrissmit

chrissmit

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Hi,

Our 2006 T5 is originally German.
So the settings on the dashboard (not the navi and not the central control panel) are also German.
When I push and hold one of the buttons on the wiper control it gives me a menu option to choose from, which is German.
Is there a way to change this into English?

And, per default as well, whenever I enter a destination in the Navi, this central (red) display also shows the directions using arrows. I would like that not to happen, and that it simply keeps displaying the outside temp, etc.

Thanks

I would have thought it could be done using vag com

On mine anyway. When you access the Dashboard menu. The first option is Language. Click on that and then select the language you want.
When driving then the switch on the wiper stalk should be able to change the information displayed on the dashboard Multi Function Display.

VW diagnostic computer. Can change certain vehicle settings.

That's what I thought; that you could only do this using a VW computer.

On mine anyway. When you access the Dashboard menu. The first option is Language. Click on that and then select the language you want.
When driving then the switch on the wiper stalk should be able to change the information displayed on the dashboard Multi Function Display.
How do I access the Dashboard menu?

Wiper control arm switch, unless you have the Multi Function Steering wheel, as I have.

If you mean pressing and holding either one of the two switches on the side of the wiper arm, that only gives me a choice menu in German, but no option to change the language there.

Haven't had a chance to check yet.
Just back from holiday, and trying to catch up with work.

Will get back to this thread though.

Nope, there's no language selection option.

While in Germany I simply barked orders at my Cali in broken German...made no bloody difference....!

Back