Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

dashboard blank switches

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
After viewing a lovely California today we have decided that we are not going to prolong our search for one with options such as MFS and Awning as both can be added easily all be it at a premium. we love the colour, it's in great condition so we are going to make an offer shortly. However, having almost decided on this one I was surprised to see so many blank switches on the dashboard. Please can anyone tell me what might be in place of the blanks on a full spec SE Cali just so we are not missing out on something we have overlooked.

One other question, I thought the downstairs bed extension at the back was mesh like metal, however! this model had a dark grey solid base? Can this be adjusted so that the back seat goes to the very back of the floor runners?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew, what year is the van you are looking at, as there are a few differences between facelift and pre facelift.

Hi Andrew. The blanks are normal a full spec Cali will still have nearly the same amount of blanks.
As for the bed they changed to the mesh from sept 2010 prior to that they used a heavy grey board. It can be lifted out and the seat will go back level with the overhead locker :thumb

The Cali is a 2010, pleased to hear the blanks are not a whole load of missing options.

Is there any benefit to the mesh over the board other than what I presume would be a weight saving.

I don't think so. The board is bloody heavy :thumb but manageable

I guess the earlier 2010 models must be a bit of a changeover using up old parts etc, is there many other differences that I may of missed, I did notice that the elevating roof only has 2 vents unfortunately.

I don't think there are any more differences your right about the roof windows I have a march 2010 facelift with 2 windows you may be lucky and find one that has had its canvas replaced :thumb

So from the aforementioned response a full spec Cali still has plenty of blanks, why are they provided then, I feel it makes the dashboard look rather unfinished and short of things.

One of the blanks is for a heated rear screen, which we dont have as we have double glazing. If you dont have an electric side door then that will be two more blanks (one to open/close and one to disable). Parking sensors fill another one of the holes.

Cant think of anything else without looking :D

T

The rear board is heavy as calikev said. It can also be modified to make bed shorter and allow seat further rear travel, someone on the forum has done a mod and there are pictures.

I would not worry about 2 windows v 3. At night we never open all 3 as the breeze so close to our faces is too much.

I think that the only time that 3 matters is when you are in a very hot place (30 degrees ) and you want ventilation during the day without the sun streaming in through the bellows windows

We have a button for tyre pressure monitoring, one for the auto-engine off thing as part of the Bluemotion package, one for parking sensors and camera...I try not to touch anything.

Blimey I forgot about Tyre pressure monitoring. And I haven't got 4WD or BlueMotion

I reckon if you tick all the boxes then you will run out of blanks, can you get all of the following in one van?

4 Motion
BlueMotion Stop/Start
Tyre Pressure
Electric Side Door (2 buttons)
Parking Sensors

T

Back