Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Data transfer screen

Celia Vanchez

Celia Vanchez

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
Data transfer

I get the attached message every time I start up the camper. Is it really necessary to be advised of the information or can it be turned of?

IMG_0892.jpeg

It's to do with the privacy settings, on my system with the bigger screen there is the guy with the hat on, where you change the level of privacy. Don't know if you can stop the messages from coming up. I've got mine set the other way to yours, full access. Think my phone app wasn't happy until I lowered the privacy settings.

There are threads on privacy settings.

Thread 'T6.1 Privacy Settings' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t6-1-privacy-settings.40512/

Data transfer

I get the attached message every time I start up the camper. Is it really necessary to be advised of the information or can it be turned of?

View attachment 118556
I also get annoyed with this constant reminder. I found that if I leave the console off (like you’ve had here with the time showing) that the reminder always pops up when ignition on, but if I have the console on and leave it on when stopping the engine then I turn the ignition/engine on the message doesn’t seem to appear, at least not as often!

I also get annoyed with this constant reminder. I found that if I leave the console off (like you’ve had here with the time showing) that the reminder always pops up when ignition on, but if I have the console on and leave it on when stopping the engine then I turn the ignition/engine on the message doesn’t seem to appear, at least not as often!
Do you have yours set to maximum privacy like Celia V?

Do you have yours set to maximum privacy like Celia V?
No, mine is on minimum privacy…so I went in and changed this to maximum privacy and got the same result as I mentioned…if console off when I turn ignition off then turn on again I get the warning. If I turn the console on then ignition off and on again I don’t get the warning.

No, mine is on minimum privacy…so I went in and changed this to maximum privacy and got the same result as I mentioned…if console off when I turn ignition off then turn on again I get the warning. If I turn the console on then ignition off and on again I don’t get the warning.
The Console is a computer basically.
If Off then it will reboot on Ignition On and go through the various checks - hence the message.
If On when you switch ignition Off it shuts down BUT when ignition On it reboots BUT continues from where you were - No message.

A bit like a laptop where you just shut the lid when finished rather than pressing the Off switch before shutting lid.

Back