Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer review - advice sought on how to proceed

Hi Guys (generic term), I appreciate all the feedback. As I was away for a while (haha winning a class at Crufts on our first ever Crufts and 3rd show and first ever trip in the Cali) I haven't got back to this for a while. Anyway, to put things straight,
- I LOVE my Cali and so do the dogs (even the 'autistic' one).
- my dealer has always been friendly - but lacking a lot of knowledge on the Cali (and the sarcastic eyebrow raising on checklist at handover didn't help)
- I seem to have been told some things that are not true around extended warranty, storage / safety net, etc.
- plus some other things where he seemed to just lack knowledge if a Cali where you would expect him to know better
I now have contact with VWCS and will update this post accordingly when I have answers (or not) and then feel I can 'name / shame' as appropriate.
In the meantime, thanks for all your support. I can't even think where I would be without this forum.
Alison, you have a signed contract of sale against the written entitlement. If you signed without making a query and an added written in statement , signed by your dealership, then you might have problems. However, based on your previous threads, it appears you have caught your dealership with their pants down and it is up to you to nail those pants to the mast. Start nailing because there is a time limit in law for which you need to be aware. Good luck and this forum is priceless.

Right, so, deep breath, the next chapter...
Having been away for Crufts (and a win!), and again for our first ever agility comp (I should write up as there was a spectacular fall by me at obstacle 12 of 20 on our first ever run inner first ever comp which should be on tube shortly... and with only one set of waterproofs, that meant the van was covered in mud, along with condensation... grrr a nightmare)
Anyway, back to the thread...
Two weeks ago I went onto VWCS online and registered an issue. A couple of evenings later I had a voicemail (couldn't get to it as TommyGun popped around - lovely BBQ!). Call centre busy several times, no answer to email, I was away for agility comp, and finally called again today.
Ok, so I had gone through the wrong part of VW - needed to be VW vans (the number I called was 0800 783 4909)
Paul said, "No Ms F you need to call 0845 641 9712 in the VW van department for your warranty but please email me with you 'comments' on service."
Call 0845 641 9712 "YOU HAVE CALLED AN 0845 NUMBER, PLEASE REDIAL WITH 0345....ETC.)
I redialled had a nice long chat with Mike who said, "oh no, you need to call 0333 043 3809" (VW financial services).
This time I spoke to Andrew, "Oh no Ms F, we only deal with used vehicles. Extended warranty on a new vehicle should be dealt with at purchase"
Oh really !!! That's exactly what I've been trying to do for more than a month but the dealer keeps telling me it's nothing to do with them...
After yet another long afternoon...
- My extended warranty up to 80,000miles and 5 years is now sorted at £329 (I hope that's right???)
- I have a confirmed person and email address to send the saga (thus far) to for comment / deliberation / whatever.
I can't thank you guys enough on this forum. I would have just caved in and sold the van on the spot at new without all your input into how things work and what is right / wrong in customer support.
The story continues...

Pleased you've finally been able to sort out the warranty . That is correct -extra 24 mths 80,000 £329+ vat.
Certainly need "endurance" in the VWCS world !!

Pleased you've finally been able to sort out the warranty . That is correct -extra 24 mths 80,000 £329+ vat.
Certainly need "endurance" in the VWCS world !!
Alison - good news. Yes, that id the price that I paid.

Let me know if you receive any documentation from VW confirming the extended warranty. The only evidence that I have is a line item on my final invoice.

Dave

Alison - good news. Yes, that id the price that I paid.

Let me know if you receive any documentation from VW confirming the extended warranty. The only evidence that I have is a line item on my final invoice.

Dave
Nothing so far from VW themselves but the dealer has emailed me the form completed with the details - maybe yours can donthe same for you?

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
It took me a while to compile all my notes and send it off to VW Commercial Vehicles Customer Services. Once I did they were pretty quick at getting me back to me. Just had a lengthy conversation with one of the customer care team who were extremely professional, polite and welcomed my feedback as it was intended - as constructive criticism to help the local dealer. The action they have agreed to take at the moment is to follow up with the manager and the sales agent at the dealer's and explain my experience and request them to identify improvements for the future.
I also requested that as I don't have confidence in this particular dealer anymore could they please put me through to another VW (car) dealer locally to get assistance with setting up CarNet (etc) which I really don't think the van centre will have a clue about... Maybe a VW car stick could be included as a good will gesture...
Will see what happens and update this thread and post under dealer review with a name once sorted.