Debris on the canopy

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Parked under pine trees for six nights without moving, and through two rainstorms, we picked up a lot of debris on our canopy. I managed to clear it with a dustpan brush by lowering the canopy as far as I dared.

5ca2ae0d1a91902b976c13d6ce2523df.jpg

Having suffered damage to the canopy on a previous occasion after my then 3 year old son lobbed a bit of gravel onto it, I take care to check before winding in.

How do others clear their canopy before winding in?

Whipping the dog's blanket / throw across the surface. The benefit of being 6ft 4in plus.

Parked under pine trees for six nights without moving, and through two rainstorms, we picked up a lot of debris on our canopy. I managed to clear it with a dustpan brush by lowering the canopy as far as I dared.

Having suffered damage to the canopy on a previous occasion after my then 3 year old son lobbed a bit of gravel onto it, I take care to check before winding in.

How about Gaffer taping a small three year old onto a long pole and getting him to clear it? :thumb Simples.

I don't park under trees.

Been there done that had sap all over the silverscreens running out of the tree like blood took an age to clean up before moving on so never again...

Previous to this suggestion, I’d have put a leaf blower as a contender for one of the three most useless things to take away in a Cali!

Useful for moving the air about in certain situations as well

We use an extendable microfibre mit. It is 1.7m long when extended. We store it in the through space next to the wardrobe. Use it for clearing debris and water before packing roof away following rain etc. A good way of keeping the canopy clean too. The mit can be removed from the head of the pole for washing. Cost? about €10 from a supermarket in France. Has come to our rescue several times already - especially pine needles and silver birch seeds etc. Also once you have got rid of all the solid debris you can wet the mit and give the canopy a good washdown!
EDIT: I should have added - the extending mit can also be used for washing the roof too!
IMG_2521.JPGIMG_2522.JPG

Last edited:
We have an extendable squeegee/scraper that we use to wash the windscreen. It also does duty removing bits from the canopy. Ours was a French supermarket one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use a similar long reach pole with a mitt on the end. Also I find some autoglym vinyl spray removes any sticky residue from the surface before winding in. I do have to use a small caravan step we have to help with the reach.

A cloth tied around the end of one of our walking poles and use that to wipe any bits off.

Back