Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Decals - any tips?

Neils70

Neils70

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi

Just ordered some side stripes for my white Beach, has anyone got any tips on applying?

Especially if yours is white and you went for the low black stripes.

Thanks in advance

Neil

I think it was easier to put them on wet as it gives a little wriggle room. I put dots of green masking tape on the bodywork to help line them up, set 10mm away from where I wanted the decal to be positioned.

If you haven't bought them yet I would suggest ordering a small decal or two. I put geckos on the rear pillar so that I could practice first. There are a few YouTube videos which can help despite them all having their own method of fitting.

Get the boss involved too! Else she’ll point out that the decal is wonky every time she gets in the van!!
(Trust me, I learnt this from my T4 days)

Seriously, an extra pair of eyes will help!

Spray the place of the van you want the decals on with soapy water (slightly soapy), spray the glue side of the decal with (soapy) water (better with 2 pair of hands), put the decal in place, take a plastic spatula and push out the water and air from the middle to the outsides of the decal while keeping it in the right position. Afterwards you can take a heath gun (very lowest setting) or a hair dryer to dry out the water. Should stick in place.

Thanks for the tips folks, I’ll post some before and after shots when I have them.

Cheers

Back