Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Decals for Cali Ocean 6.1

Roger_rioja1969

Roger_rioja1969

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, I’m considering getting some decals to my 24 plate Cali Ocean. It’s in the grey (beige to me!) with factory sport kit incl. black alloys. I’m really keen to see what other folk have added by way of decals. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks really good - do you self apply them and if so, are they easy to put on?

Looks really good - do you self apply them and if so, are they easy to put on?

Yes , came with good instructions buy a little decal application kit from amazon or somewhere else. If I can do it then anyone can.

Decals look my fantastic, I wish our van had some.

I’m put off by the thought that natural sun bleaching over time would make decals permanent. Removing them would reveal paintwork that hasn’t been so exposed to the sun, hence you would always see the old decal shapes

I don’t even know if that’s a thing.

I'm thinking of putting some yellow or lime coloured decals on the two rear side windows of our Starlight Blue Ocean.

Haven't found anything off the shelf that appeals though.

Has anyone done a similar thing and what decals did you use?

I bought the decals from the forum shop, but found it a pain in the a@£4,to apply. For the GC, I had someone do it.

IMG_9919.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

Quick update following my earlier reply to the OP.

After discussing options with Beatnik decals, I've gone for a modified set of Navigator decals for the two rear windows.

The standard design didn't quite look right when only applied to the rear windows, so Daniel at Beatnik has done a modified design which I think looks better.

Photos below are ones he mocked up using photos of our van.

First two show the standard decal, bottom photo shows the modified version :

NAV1.jpg
nAV2.jpgNavigator.jpg

Once I receive the actual decals and apply them, I will post some more photos.

The decals arrived.
Very pleased with them.
The modified design was unfortunately about 1cm too long so I had to trim down the smallest mountain!
I've provided some feedback to Beatnik so they can adjust the design for anyone else who wants the same decal to fit on the rear window.PXL_20240830_163758892 (002).jpg

How easy / hard are they to install.

A little bit fiddly to install and definitely easier with two people.

The decals are supplied sandwiched between two sheets of protective material.

Here's the instructions page from the Beatnik Decals website :

The key was to get the window glass spotlessly clean and free from any dust once cleaned.
Then carefully follow the instructions to apply the decals.

The hardest bit was where the decal has thin areas like the circle ring of the compass as these areas don't peel off the backing sheet easily to expose the glue. If you are not very careful it is easy to stretch and distort the vinyl in those areas which then makes them difficult to get flat on the glass.

We only had one slight mishap and managed to get the small crease out of the vinyl by carefully working the decal with a squeegee.

But the end result looks great.

I didn't want to put any decals on the bodywork as I had concerns in the long term over removing them.

Back