Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Delivery

P

Pkdotm75

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Yesterday I received an email from my dealer informing me that my new Cali is 'at Port of Exit, awaiting shipment'

He expects it to arrive within 10-14 days - does this match other's experiences?

Very quick, considering I only placed the order on March 5th.

That's great news.

Do you mind me asking who your dealer is?

I placed my order on the 29th February and have been given a build date of 20th May with expected delivery at the end of June.

When I placed the order I was given an expected delivery date of mid-May, which would have been similar to yours. I can't understand how it's taking so much longer than originally estimated.

Ours was ordered mid-Feb, dealer told me it arrived at a UK port last weekend so similar timeline to OP.

That's great news.

I placed my order on the 29th February and have been given a build date of 20th May with expected delivery at the end of June.

When I placed the order I was given an expected delivery date of mid-May, which would have been similar to yours. I can't understand how it's taking so much longer than originally estimated.
Eurovans

Well this post has got me a wee bit excited. Our timeline thus far is as follows;

Documents signed and submitted 18/03 or there about s (Eurovans)

21/03 - Generic 'we got your order' from VW

29/03 - Generic 'entering production' email

11/04 - Email from Eurovans advising van was entering build and expected to be 'with us' in 4-6 weeks (assuming us means dealership rather than ready to pick up)

Maybe our van will be sharing a berth with one of yours!

Yes. Port of Exit is Germany, then needs to get on a ship, offloaded in the Uk and then delivered to dealer. 10-14 is about right and in line with dealer KPI.

I called my dealer this morning to ask why my order is taking so much longer than some on here and he said it could be down to the options I chose (possibly waiting for availability).

I didn't go for any fancy options so quite surprised.

We ordered in the first week of February and the dealer received it last week.

Yesterday I received an email from my dealer informing me that my new Cali is 'at Port of Exit, awaiting shipment'

He expects it to arrive within 10-14 days - does this match other's experiences?

I placed my order on March 11th and its being built this week

How long did it take to clear customs and arrive at your dealers?
Not sure as we were both shocked when it was already in the UK. Possibly a few days max.
Hi, is your dealer Eurovans?
No, a normal car/van dealership in the west midlands.
I called my dealer this morning to ask why my order is taking so much longer than some on here and he said it could be down to the options I chose (possibly waiting for availability).

I think there is some truth to this but more likely down to base build (ie engine etc). Ours was a fairly spec’d out 4M with sports pack but I expect got built with all the other 204 4Motions despite additional options.

Later might be better if you want the ‘Last 1500’ sticker! Not sure if ours came with one but I doubt it. Think it will be the final month’s run.

When we ordered ours, it took approx 18 months to get built/arrive. Others at the time were being delivered much more quickly. I recall that they were running our of various parts/options, so even if a van with the same spec was built around the same time, they may have used the last available part (sometimes its a very simple item too) so they put our van back out in the parking lot until the part became available. At that point another part could have become short and the delay cycle started again. Eventually they get built though..!

That's great news.

Some vans do take longer than others to build depends on what you have ordered a tow bar added a month to my build because there was a shortage of parts.

Ordered mine the exact same day as yourself but from a different dealer.
My latest update from dealer(who I must say has been very good so far) is its still in the building phase which has now been going on for 3 working weeks.

Standard engine/sports pack/wooden effect floor/half leather upholstery and tow bar -few others maybe its the 4 keys thats holding up!

Starting to get a bit how many sleeps now? would have liked it in ma hands before end of month-u never know

Received an update on Friday to let me know the dealer has the consignment document and expects the van to be with them this coming week

Collected this morning from Eurovans. Do not attempt to collect from Crawley on a Friday - 6hrs later, I arrived in Wakefield
Good luck to all other expectant California owners!!
Useful to know, we had a call today. Apparently our van is landing soon has a reg and everything so any pick up tips gratefully received.

Email Mike Wool or whoever your sales guy is and ask them to make sure the “valet” guy who removes the sticky pads and protection film does NOT use a dirty stone encrusted rag with a bit of spit and polish. When you collect the vehicle check the paintwork is not scratched.
I use valet guy in the loosest of terms, as he used an old dirty rag in front of me and just dry rubbed a sticky mark in front of me and scratched my zero mileage brand new Cali Ocean.
Whilst I was collected.
Hope this helps

Email Mike Wool or whoever your sales guy is and ask them to make sure the “valet” guy who removes the sticky pads and protection film does NOT use a dirty stone encrusted rag with a bit of spit and polish. When you collect the vehicle check the paintwork is not scratched.
I use valet guy in the loosest of terms, as he used an old dirty rag in front of me and just dry rubbed a sticky mark in front of me and scratched my zero mileage brand new Cali Ocean.
Whilst I was collected.
Hope this helps
That is really helpful, Thank you!

Back