Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

?? Status 10 with a build week of 22 ??

I

iwjenkins

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi...our Cali is on order and we are receiving e-mails stating the progress with the last as "status 10 with a build week of 22 - 25/05/2015"

In your experience how long after this date will the Cali be delivered? The supplier says that they take a week to build but I wanted to hear it from those that had experienced the whole process as to when it will arrive. Here are the status codes below; seems a long way to go from status 10; we don't want to miss the Spring/Summer.

Your advice would be welcome. thanks

Ian

Status codes

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Southern Motor Group
70 = Vehicle arrived at Southern Motor Group

Ours has just been built is now going through quality control.
I have been told to expect the vehicle at the dealership Mid to Late May then add to that the dealer process and my collection.

Just checked my correspondence and can confirm:-

23rd Jan - Placed my deposit.
26th Jan - Factory order confirmed with predicted build date of week 13.
6th March - Factory confirm build week 13
23rd-29th - Week 13 Build
16th April - Arrived at SMG
20th April - PDI booked in
Collection soon.. I hope wahoo:bananadance

Hope this helps.. I was never privy to those status codes thou

Thanks for both replies

Wow...that was a quick turnaround. We paid deposit to SMG on the 27th of Jan and have a build week of 22 as mentioned which is 25th of May.

Do you (or does anybody else) have any idea why yours would have only taken 3 months whereas ours looks like it will take 5 months?

Thanks

I would say it down to a few things, one is the spec. Mine is a 180PS Manual in White so maybe there where plenty of white painted shells, doors, bonnets, roofs etc ready to go..
Could be down to the engine/transmission too.. Manual boxes and 2wd set up may be in abundance compared to other set ups??.

So if you picked a not so common colour like Toffee Brown or Blackberry etc the lead time might be because they don't have a shell plus all the panels ready to build up

Or maybe they where short on 140 ps engines, DSG boxes or 4motion parts etc

Second reason is at around the time we ordered ours VW contacted all the dealers to tell them there was limited time to get their last T5 cali orders in before the T6 so it could be just a surge on orders that put you back..

There is also the slim possibility that your build could be bought forward so fingers crossed.

Whatever the reason I hope you can bare the wait.. it'll be worth it :)

Thanks for your great reply; we have gone for the SE SWB 2.0 180 PS TDI BMT 7 sp DSG 4 MOTION with 18" Canberra Wheels etc in Sand Beige

It is was it is I suppose so, like waiting in a long queue, the wait will soon be forgotten once we get what we are waiting for.

Thanks again

Ian

Thanks for your great reply; we have gone for the SE SWB 2.0 180 PS TDI BMT 7 sp DSG 4 MOTION with 18" Canberra Wheels etc in Sand Beige

It is was it is I suppose so, like waiting in a long queue, the wait will soon be forgotten once we get what we are waiting for.

Thanks again

Ian
Hi Ian

Ours is exactly the same spec as yours same wheels but in grey. We ordered 30th dec 2014 and I got the email from SMG tonbridge today saying that we should be able to collect 1st May. Good times! So that is four months. I think we got our order in before the rush of the last T5 orders. Hope yours arrives soon. Cheers. Phil

Last edited:
Hi see my post in Beginners (week 23 build)

In response to my query on build status the dealer has advised today the current status is "IN PRODUCT". Does this mean camping features are being fitted? Vehicle has been assigned a chassis number.

Ours has just been built is now going through quality control.
I have been told to expect the vehicle at the dealership Mid to Late May then add to that the dealer process and my collection.
@campandfly just wondering when you ordered your Cali as similar time ti mine?

Back