Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Direct Factory purchase

C

Chezjacques

Dear all,

New to this forum so please bear with me...

Looking to get a California 4motion ( have not quite decided between dmg /manual) and wondered if anybody knew whether direct factory order/ purchase was possible?

The reason being is I would like a left hand drive with english(mph) clocks and lights ( albeit would go for xenons) the reason is I live in Jersey and do most of my long distance driving in Europe.

In 1999 I ordered a brand new California Synchro from France with such an arrangement but had to sell it 5 years ago due to other commitments :? .

Otherwise it is a case of searching dealerships for a good value 4motion RHD Cali..

Regards

Chris ;)

Chezjacques said:
Dear all,

New to this forum so please bear with me...

Looking to get a California 4motion ( have not quite decided between dmg /manual) and wondered if anybody knew whether direct factory order/ purchase was possible?

The reason being is I would like a left hand drive with english(mph) clocks and lights ( albeit would go for xenons) the reason is I live in Jersey and do most of my long distance driving in Europe.

In 1999 I ordered a brand new California Synchro from France with such an arrangement but had to sell it 5 years ago due to other commitments :? .

Otherwise it is a case of searching dealerships for a good value 4motion RHD Cali..

Regards

Chris ;)

Hi Chris

I don't think it is possible to source a LHD Car through a UK Dealership (I think). I assume that type approval will be the issue. LHD will also only have a two year warranty.

It may be possible but I see it as unlikely.

As for the clocks and lights - yes they will need to be changed but the lights certainly shouldn't be a problem - Xenons may be a different matter - I am not sure if there is a simple of switching the Xenons over on the T5 for LHD/RHD or you need a new unit.

If you get a LHD Cali - you may not need to change the clocks - the DIS inbetween the dials should allow you display KPH/MPH as an electronic speedo. The DIS is altered for UK cars although some of us have had our altered back.

I am probably telling what you already know so apologies - there are various ways of importing a 2nd hand LHD Cali. There is a great place in Holland and you have places like

http://www.lhdcarsupermarket.com/catalo ... e%5Bto%5D=

Who don't have a Cali but probably could source one - though I think these might prove expensive.

James

Hi James,

Many thanks for the advice. A normal RHD my be the way to go for simplicity but I may contact a couple of dealers. The Netherlands looks quite good for sourcing.

I am curious whether I could get some TVA back as an export. Talking to one uk dealer they stated that 2nd hand Cali's were not eligible for any VAT refund. As a jersey resident I am trying to take advantage of tax refund if poss.

Regards

Chris

If you want the VAT / Tax back look for a VAT qualifying one on the VW site and Autotrader. I bought my year old demonstrator VAT free as I'm heading off to NZ with it in the next six months.

It is a VAT 410 form that you need if purchasing in the UK for export. If the VAT has already been paid on the vehicle you can't claim it back as far as I know.

Andy

Chezjacques said:
Hi James,

Many thanks for the advice. A normal RHD my be the way to go for simplicity but I may contact a couple of dealers. The Netherlands looks quite good for sourcing.

I am curious whether I could get some TVA back as an export. Talking to one uk dealer they stated that 2nd hand Cali's were not eligible for any VAT refund. As a jersey resident I am trying to take advantage of tax refund if poss.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris

No prob

Check out these guys

http://www.campercentrumnederland.nl/in ... california

Calis for sale

http://www.campercentrumnederland.nl/ca ... adgebruikt

Meant to be very very good

James

Just checked and it is not possible to order a LHD vehicle from a UK dealer. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it is possible to collect from factory either.

If you are in Jersey, there is a dealer there who can get California's....and they order them from us ;) Or alternatively you can order it directly through us as well. We also supply used vehicles to a used dealer in Jersey as well so not a problems supplying you a vehicle.

Give Hugh in our sales team a call on 01403 581242 to discuss it.

cheers

Dear all,

Many thanks for the advice.

Will do a bit of research & figure out a plan.

Regards

Chris

Back