Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DNX525DAB - No iPod after true mirroring

DavidApp

DavidApp

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All,

I really am beginning to take an advanced dislike of the DNX525DAB. Aside from its terrible interface, boy racer menus and tacky colour schemes, I have now lost iPod functionality. I attempted to set up true mirroring to utilise Waze & Google Maps on the unit instead of purchasing a traffic subscription, big mistake. The true mirroring function is pointless as when the iPhone screen turns off, so does the head unit. Both have to stay on. Also, the landscape orientation also can only be made when the iPhone is held upright in landscape mode. Okay, it's mirroring, but in practice a waste of $$$'s buying the cable, don't bother.

Now the apps selection is permanently greyed out and I cannot access the iPod by pressing....the iPod button, it just states disconnected. The reset button changes very little as most user settings are still in place. I really want a way to reset it to totally factory default but cannot find a way to do so. Anybody?

I'm just about ready to throw the thing in the skip, are there any better alternatives that fit the space?

Tried that, still no iPod connectivity, new leads, two iPods, nothing. Just says disconnected. Tried reset as well as recalling factory settings in user interface. I like to think I am fairly technically savvy, but this has beaten me. I am now going to join the Kenwood forum.

Resolved, although I am not entirely sure how. After multiple attempts to add my iPod as an A2DP device - knowing full well that the head unit wouldn't do both iPhone and iPod via bluetooth - the "App Setup" icon in settings lit up and I was able to access it. I set the App Setup to cable only, not bluetooth. After that, the iPod worked again. I am not touching another setting on the head unit.

Moral of the story; don't touch it and just buy a traffic subscription for the Garmin.

Back