Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do Cali owners hang Lei flower garlands on their rearview mirrors?

Mark Garrett

Mark Garrett

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I always wondered why VW Camper owners hung flowers from the rearview mirror, a quick Google search suggests quite simply a nod to yesteryear and relaxed vanning era of T2's.

But I often see T3's and 4's with them, fewer T5's and I'm not sure whether I've seen a T6 with one.

So, is it going to catch on ? Are there many of you with them?

kick back to the Hippy Bus Days

no no no, reserved for older buses, our friend with a type 2 and hates it when he see's modern vans with a garland hanging from the mirror

Seen Lei in plenty of vehicles not just vans, it seems to be a surfer thing too. There is a Cali at work with lei hanging in it, none of the 3 T2s I see in the carpark have them. I think its about sending a message about what you like. Probably handy in a T5 as you we rarely get waves in case you are waving at some random plumber or builder. ;)

If you like them use them, if you don't, don't. Each to their own :)

IMG_0017.JPG Love 'em! But have a dainty one (see picture). And I wave at any VW camper van

Yes. A pretty green one with spikey leaves. Dries well in the sun.

Medicinal:shocked for my arthritis! Honest :oops:

I've got leis but mine lie at the base of the windscreen - I tried hanging one from the mirror but I really don't know how anyone can drive like that, it would drive me mad!

As my used Cali came equipped with surf bars and I don't surf, I'm thinking of advertising for a beaten-up old surfboard to keep on the roof - just for the look, you know!

Best placed along the front of the dash to prevent things disappearing into the dashboard abyss

mine lays along the base of the windscreen - dangling one from the rear mirror cuts down visability

I have zebedee (that's my dogs name), Thomas sabo camper and not forgetting old school rubix cube.IMG_4449.JPG

Of course, but it only comes out when we park up. Our van is now almost old enough to be a classic, and we've been classics for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a soft furry Zebedee.

We have bunting.

We have leis but they only come out on a trip not for everyday and not in stealth mode in car parks not allowing campers. Some will remember Cali's on the Farm a couple of years ago in the craft area making Lei's and had plenty of adults making them not just the Cali Kids!
Zebedee Zebra

Back