Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do we have any plumbers in the house??

S

Stu

Guest User
We've just bought a new house and I want to upgrade the CH system.

Had a guy around last week and after lots of sucking through teeth he muttered a number beginning with a 4 and having too many 0's on the end!! :headbang :laugh2

Seems quite a simple job on the face of it, looking to remove existing back boiler and install System Boiler + Unvented Indirect tank. All pipework and rads were replaced a couple of years ago by SSE. 1930's house with installation in first floor cupboard.

Seems to me the tank should be £600-£800 & a boiler for <£1k. I'm told all existing controls, pump 3 way Vv etc are OK. (Some slight pipework mods to accommodate new equipment)

Anyone up for a challenge for a figure not beginning with a 4!! :mrgreen:

Anyone got any strong recommendations on a tank & boiler combo??

Stu I would reccomend the ideal logic 30 system boiler we have an ideal combi and its been fantastic. How many rads will it be running and how many hot water outlets :?: have you got good water pressure :?: why do you want a system boiler with an indirect cylinder and not a combi :?:
BTY 4k does sound a bit on the high side. But remember the plumber must be qualified to install
Unvented systems as there are loads of additional safety features to consider. Best get some more quotes. :thumb

Kev, thanks for the answers.

I had a system setup in my previous house and really liked it, I want to be able to have a strong mains pressure shower and do away with the loft tank. Lots of lead pipe still in the hose so got to get rid of all that as well.

Was initially going to go copper throughout but looking at it now I'm tempted to go plastic. Again last house was plastic and we only had one problem in about 6 years which was caused by poor installation and not any fault of the equipment.

The plumber recommended a Megaflo 210Ltr tank as a maximum. (3 Beds 1 Bath + Kitchen & Cloak) however I like the look of -

Valiant

Stanton

But my favourite so far is OSO Super S

That Oso does look super smart I like the fact the pipe work and controls are hidden.looks super sleek. And a 25 year guarantee :thumb

Calikev said:
That Oso does look super smart I like the fact the pipe work and controls are hidden.looks super sleek. And a 25 year guarantee :thumb

I think I'll need to PX a kidney to buy it though.

A friend recommended these boilers - Remaha any experience??

Back