Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Do you have to buy a data plan to use VW app to lock/unlock, locate ect

G

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I registered and installed app but couldn't get it working, it says that I get this free for the first three years (from new), I could only get it working once I paid Cubic telecom for data, No I can turn on aux heating and locate vehicle which is useful.

VWConnect functionality should be free for the first 3 years. I believe the paid data plans are for streaming music and the like. For the VW connect to work fully you need to ensure the privacy settings are setup correctly. That’s in the user section on the head unit.

Down load My VW app and register your vehicle and you will be able to see where your vehicle is.
Or down load Cali on tour and register your vehicle and once again you will be able to see where your vehicle is.

No. The data plan is just for the useless weather and news. What used to be called WeConnect and now is VWConnect with the "Volkswagen" app is free for the first three years. That gives you location (only when parked, GDPR and all that) and lock/unlock, miles etc. We use the key for heater, not sure if the newer 6.1 has that built into the app, does not on ours.

Mine seems to work ok but didn't until I bought data, perhaps it all activated at same time,
I can switch on aux heater(comes out dash vents) and set timers.
Screenshot_20240319-151218.png

Mine seems to work ok but didn't until I bought data, perhaps it all activated at same time,
I can switch on aux heater(comes out dash vents) and set timers.
View attachment 120628
Ah, never noticed it was a GC thread. Should have been ok without a dataplan though - I'd speak to the dealer.

Back