Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does a UK spec Beach come with a Mattress as standard?

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Apologies if this is a dumb question but, does the UK spec beach come with a mattress as standard for the LOWER bed? I’m guessing VW sell them at fair old price if not?
Thanks and sorry if I’m being a doofus! (My beach is Euro spec and came without)
Stu

I believe, as with the Ocean, mattress toppers are offered as options.

I believe, as with the Ocean, mattress toppers are offered as options.

Thanks GrannyJen - I don’t feel quite so hard done by, now! Will have a look for one in ‘The Shop’ when the time comes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks GrannyJen - I don’t feel quite so hard done by, now! Will have a look for one in ‘The Shop’ when the time comes.

Don't feel to aggrieved.

Buying toppers are very much a personal thing. As mine was an ex-demo it came with the VW comfort mattress. Comfortable enough but it took a vital few mm's off the rear parcel shelf height, vital as it meant I could not live a thetford 335 in there. Consequently I now have a VW comfort mattress for a T5 in my "Albert - spare accessories" cupboard.

I am now on my 4th selection of topper having also used proprietary foam toppers and an air mattress. It has taken three years of trial and error to say "this ticks all my - current - boxes:.

Don't feel to aggrieved.

Buying toppers are very much a personal thing. As mine was an ex-demo it came with the VW comfort mattress. Comfortable enough but it took a vital few mm's off the rear parcel shelf height, vital as it meant I could not live a thetford 335 in there. Consequently I now have a VW comfort mattress for a T5 in my "Albert - spare accessories" cupboard.

I am now on my 4th selection of topper having also used proprietary foam toppers and an air mattress. It has taken three years of trial and error to say "this ticks all my - current - boxes:.

My goodness. I will let Mrs s2bear choose one then!

You get one in the roof, as per Ocean - and (with the three seat Beach) you get a small mattress end that fits over the multiflex board that becomes part of the bed when sleeping downstairs. The three seater lower bed is a bit lumpy for prolonged use, so people often buy a topper (its on the options list) that stores above the multiflex board. I didnt buy one, because they are fairly bid, and because we normally sleep upstairs, and if we do sleep downstairs we take the mattress out of the roof and put it over the lower bed - hope this helps.

You get one in the roof, as per Ocean - and (with the three seat Beach) you get a small mattress end that fits over the multiflex board that becomes part of the bed when sleeping downstairs. The three seater lower bed is a bit lumpy for prolonged use, so people often buy a topper (its on the options list) that stores above the multiflex board. I didnt buy one, because they are fairly bid, and because we normally sleep upstairs, and if we do sleep downstairs we take the mattress out of the roof and put it over the lower bed - hope this helps.

Thanks, you’ve just described exactly what I have in mine and that’s a good tip on bringing the upper mattress downstairs - thank you.

Back