Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone know how to stop the annoying roof creek???

S

Simon Mark

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
It's happened in all three of my Oceans after about 20k miles and is always above the drivers head.

IMG_6856.jpeg

It's happened in all three of my Oceans after about 20k miles and is always above the drivers head.

View attachment 128670
Could it be the awning? Had the same noise above my head. When you next hear the creek, wind the window down and hold the edge of awning with your hand and see if it silences it. I would also check the front drivers windscreen blind as well. And if all else fails put the roof up and down again and reposition the canvas above the hatch.

Sounds like creaking of the guide pins that hold the front cowling on. Been reported previously, along with the fix - a search should bring up a couple of threads on it, @calibusje is your man.

Ok, thx, I'll try all of the above and keep you posted.

Sounds like creaking of the guide pins that hold the front cowling on. Been reported previously, along with the fix - a search should bring up a couple of threads on it, @calibusje is your man.
On all 3 Californias owned and at the same milage?

I know what you mean, body flex plastic creaking, alternative is the tambour slides open on its own whilst travelling. Conundrum?

Have it here - but everytime i take it to the dealers it is cold and it doesn't creak. On a warm day or when holidaying abroad it creaks all the time. Drives you mad!

Have it here - but everytime i take it to the dealers it is cold and it doesn't creak. On a warm day or when holidaying abroad it creaks all the time. Drives you mad!
Open the hatch half way , it’ll stop creaking

There is a thread somewhere where I posted my fix for the hot van roof creak.
It involved removing the sun visor so you could pull the headlining down, then squirting lots of silicone spray between the front metal roof panel and the body of the van.
Might work for you, if you have the same creak, mine creaked when hot as the body of the van flexed, it creaked whether the awning was on or off, the hatch was open or closed, and whether the roof was up or down, sounded like it was behind the sun visor, did my head in for a while.

'Creek'? I know the bellows leak on some model years, but a creek is a bit much!

: - )

Back