Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does the yellow California Beach attract bees and bugs?

J

Johan0001

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I'm seriously considering the California Beach in Yellow, but I'm worried that bees and other flying insects will be attracted to the yellow colour.
I hope to find owners of yellow Californias here, that can share their experience regarding this.
Thanks!
Johan

I'm seriously considering the California Beach in Yellow, but I'm worried that bees and other flying insects will be attracted to the yellow colour.
I hope to find owners of yellow Californias here, that can share their experience regarding this.
Thanks!
Johan
Not especially in my experience.
Some flies sometimes but other cars nearby also had flies on too.
Nothing to worry about.

can't say re yellow but where we park up by the sea some little beetles love our white van.

I would not loose sleep over it as a issue

Welcome @Johan0001 , is there a myth we don't know of or is this a joke from Holland;)
Do you actually believe a yellow car attract bugs...?

They do.....:(

I had a bright yellow fiat cincequento once, it was always covered in flies and bugs!!

They do.....:(

I had a bright yellow fiat cincequento once, it was always covered in flies and bugs!!

Realy ? Not just on the front spoiler ....splashed-ones?
Strange thing...

Hues of colours, especially the sunshine ones of yellow and orange, are very attractive to many insects.

I would add, that whilst those colours may be attractive to insects who love the colours of sand, flowers and land it is not the same for us owners of blue vehicles.

I have yet to find the need to brush octopus, shark and jellyfish off my vehicle when parked on the beach :shocked

Hues of colours, especially the sunshine ones of yellow and orange, are very attractive to many insects.

I would add, that whilst those colours may be attractive to insects who love the colours of sand, flowers and land it is not the same for us owners of blue vehicles.

I have yet to find the need to brush octopus, shark and jellyfish off my vehicle when parked on the beach :shocked

An Ocean parked on the Beach, rather than other way around!

So no bees for you, but what about surfer dudes stuck to the blue paint! Be careful...

Mine is yellow and never experienced issues with bugs...... but when driving by a highway.... millions of mosquitoes squashed in the front. But I think is nothing to do with the color, the windscreen glass also get a generouse layer

No flies on me either ....... join the custard club i love mine

A friend bought an amazing Vango tent last year, it was green and he always had a bug problem. This year he got a new Outwell tent in beige and he no longer has the bugs life. Not sure if cars/vans are the same but maybe food for thought.

We have a sand beige Cali and always carry a bug swatter around with us as we sometimes get a few critters. I guess it also depends where you park and the surrounding area.

In the UK my yellow car always attracted those tiny black beetle, however I would rather the bugs were on the outside than the inside. You could think of it as a feature for keeping them outside ;)

I'm on my second yellow California and it seems nothing special in attracting more insects than other vehicles we have had (grey Zafira & grey Honda Accord). Maybe it is a safer color as other motorists will see it stand out among other vehicles and avoid it in a collision situation, but didn't work in our experience and a coach bus hit us. Maybe yellow attracts police attention better and illegal driving will be caught more easily. Urban legend (that I hope is actually true) is that build quality is better as fatigued or inattentive factory workers are more alert when an "unusual" color passes through at certain stages of assembly and they work more precisely and the have fewer glitches. - Don't I want to believe that! :)

Thanks!
Johan
Hi we also have a yellow beach and have never had a problem, we camp with friends with a grey beach and never have any more bugs than they do in fact the flies like theirs more than ours.
I would say though when travelling the splattered bugs are more visible on the yellow but that's not a problem cuz I love cleaning it after a trip so they don't stay on long.

Back