Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dog transportation from Plymouth to Roscoff

T

Tomcali

VIP Member
We are hoping to sail from Plymouth around 17/9/14 with a small dog. When we looked at ferry option only seems to be an overnight sailing (approx 11/12 hours with check in and out on either end). It appears that you have to leave dog in Campervan as no kennel/dog friendly cabin. Advice on alternative ways of doing this or info on which ferries have better facilities
Cheers

Hi Tom,
We have done this several times but normally on Bretagne where there are kennels down on the car deck, they are not very nice and in a really noisy area so the dogs are probably better off in the Cali in familiar surroundings.

You are allowed back down to see them before bed at round 11.15pm where you can take them for a pee. They are only alone for about 7 hours ( all that time will be sleeping same as at home) also dog owners are allowed back down to the car deck early in the morning around 7am

I assume you are in the West Country? As the best option for taking dogs is the tunnel, its a bloody long journey to Folkestone though from here!

Thanks for response Martin,
Apparently they sail at 8.00am on Fridays so we are thinking of taking this shorter day time crossing.

Believe access to the dog is more frequent on day time crossings.

Best wishes

T

We are frequent users of both the Plymouth / Roscoff and Portsmouth / St Malo services. We have a small dog and he goes in a crate in the Cali. He has a walk before getting on and I usually feed him before we drive to the port so he doesn't need to go again until we get to France then just stop at an Aire quite early in our journey....works for him. He does not seem overly distressed and greets us with a yawn and stretch of the legs. Lily's Kitchen do dog biscuits with Camomlile to make them sleep. He would be more upset in a kennel. You do need to specify if the pet is to stay in the Cali as they allocate a different place to park it on the ferry and have a limited number of these.

Also when I travelled last week it insists they must all be muzzled although Buttons wasn't.

Back