Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dometic fridge mains adaptor

G

Guy Raymond

GRAY
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi everyone. I was wondering what mains adapters people are using for Dometic fridges. I have a cdf 36 that I'd like to use on hook up through the mains plug when on hook up. Do I need to buy the Dometic adapter? It's an EPS 100 or and MPS 35 and they are £70 and £90!

Thanks

I’m interested in this too as will be plugging in my CDF36 in the awning when away so also need a mains adaptor.

Thanks Perfectos. It's not suitable for the CDF range unfortunately! When I bought the fridge on Amazon it suggested an adaptor (+£25) but I think the suggestion could have been computer generated! Of course shops 'cant' reccommend anything but the Dometic own adapter.

Could you use something like this ?

I assume the crucial bit is the Amps ?

I was hoping so, especially the Kampa one . I will contact that shop and let you know!

The Eps adaptor says 4a output, wheat the MPS says 3a !

Not particularly helpful info

Dometic cdf 36 is 5A (my electrical knowledge is very limited) :)

Do you really need a 240v adaptor? If you are on a hook-up then the leisure batteries should be charging so is there any reason why you cannot run it off the 12v supply?

Maybe an adaptor is useful when you are cooling the fridge down at home before putting it in the van.

That was my intention, but ideally it can live in the drive away awning as we're camping it the same spot for two week

That was my intention, but ideally it can live in the drive away awning as we're camping it the same spot for two week
12v extension lead? must be cheaper than a 240v adaptor and you can make it up to what ever length you need cable thickness / volt drop dependant.

Hi everyone. I was wondering what mains adapters people are using for Dometic fridges. I have a cdf 36 that I'd like to use on hook up through the mains plug when on hook up. Do I need to buy the Dometic adapter? It's an EPS 100 or and MPS 35 and they are £70 and £90!

Thanks
We’ve had the Dometic adaptor for about a year, cost us about £66 from Jackson’s Leisure.
It’s expensive but we use it constantly, as we use the fridge in the house when not out in the van.

My CFX26 has a socket for a standard “kettle” lead 240v - don’t the others?

Back