Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Door/Window rattle

S

Silverfox

VIP Member
Hi

Wonder if anyone has had a problem with bad rattling from their front doors, I've been putting off going to the dealers, but it's now getting worse, fortunately/unfortunately live down a country lane and boy does it make the doors(sounds like the mechanisms) rattle - a part from that 11 months old and German perfection - really a winge rather then looking for advice.

Just done 3400 miles in France/Spain on cycling holiday and van was perfect, certainly was an attraction on the sites.

Kevin

smgcowfold said:
Have you got an awning fitted?

yep! and yes it was the awning, what a difference, turned out to be the inner tubes of the legs rattling, also had a rattle in the back which became apparent after curing the awning, this turned out to be the two chairs in the rear door, put a towel in each and that cured that, now feel like I've a brand new car, is only 11 months old - thanks for taking an interest and hopefully no more rattles(so my son hopes, done some moaning)

Regards

Kevin

Glad it is sorted. We had one in for a similar issue that we traced to the awning at fault.

cheers and enjoy

Stu said:
How did you/they stop the inner legs rattling Kevin?

blob of blue tack on the inner sliding legs, working a treat at the moment, as a more permanent solution I'm going to get some sticky backed felt pads and try and get them in position on the top of the inner casing.
Kevin

when you say inner legs to do you mean the adjustable awning legs?

when you say inner legs to do you mean the adjustable awning legs?
Ummmm. You do realise the last post on this thread was in August 2012.

There are supposed to be some Black Pads on the inner casing that stop the two Arms rattling against the casing.
The adjustable leg, if properly inserted in the central Plastic catch will be under tension and should be silent.

Yes but thought it better to revive this rather than start another “I’ve got an annoying rattle” thread again.

When you say arms I presume you mean the awning arms that unfold. And the casing do you mean the whole casing or the front part that flips up??

Yes but thought it better to revive this rather than start another “I’ve got an annoying rattle” thread again.

When you say arms I presume you mean the awning arms that unfold. And the casing do you mean the whole casing or the front part that flips up??
Correct. The arms fold against the rear casing, bolted to the vehicle. Normally some Black/rubber/foam pads to stop the arms rattling. Others have reported them falling off.

Just opened mine up and there were two pads. Not really in the right place so moved them and added some more to see if that solves it. If not I’ll look at the table in the door.

Back