Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dover

Oggie

Oggie

VIP Member
Hi,

Heading to France next week, anyone know whether its ok to sleep the night at the port as arriving late and have an early ferry......

Cheers,
Rob

I don't think you can sleep in port area in Dover, we travel back and forth 4 to 6 times a year using Dover/Dunkirk route, I know you can sleep at Dunkirk as have done it, I think Dover is very much short of space. Their are plenty of campsites within 20 minutes of Dover port.

I live in the Folkestone Dover Area.
Some motorhomers park on marine drive on the sea front at Dover.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome ... dover.html

As mentioned there are some great campsites in the Dover / Folkestone area. Under 20mins.
See this cali en champagne thread for my advise on my local campsites.

Could always added another Cali to my drive for the night :lol:

Thanks very much for the info and the offer. I'll try Marine Drive and if I get moved on, I'll park up on your drive :)

Seems a waste to pay for a campsite when I won't be getting there until 10pm then moving on at 5.30am... Will spend the cash on a curry and a few pints instead :)

We tend to use the the tunnel early in the morning mainly and have stayed at the Drum Inn which is about 5mins from the tunnel so I guess around 15 - 20 mins from Dover. I think they charged about £10 for the night, good food and drink as well.

T5WOB said:
we stay at camp site hawthorn farm 5 mins from dove .they have a one night area if you arrive late .pay buy envelope at office .stayed there many times

That's the place we are staying before our euro trip to cali's en champagne

Cheers for the tips. Stayed at Marine Parade the night before our ferry and were only 2 minutes away from the port in the morning. Best bit was that it was free so we spent the cash in the curry house around the corner. Our last curry for a few weeks as heading to France :)

Rob

In my experience there aren t as many as in Wales, and there aren t many decent ones......I recon its due to the fact they can t handle spicy food :) Oh yeah and they are pretty good at other types of food......

Rob

Oggie said:
Cheers for the tips. Stayed at Marine Parade the night before our ferry and were only 2 minutes away from the port in the morning. Best bit was that it was free so we spent the cash in the curry house around the corner. Our last curry for a few weeks as heading to France :)

Rob
+1 for marine drive, done it many times, last time there must have been 40 or 50 campervans there. only problem is lack of toilets for the ladies.