Draught skirt for T6 for use with Vango Kela

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
My T6 is due for 1st March registration. I have also bought a Kela II to give more space for me and the dogs when camping at agility comps. My young lady loves crawling underneath things, to sleep or hide and I expect on a campsite the floosy will be wriggling underneath the van to go find a playmate or two.
Can anyone advise me on where to get a draught skirt that will fit the T6 and can be pegged down to prevent madam from becoming an escape artist?
Thanks

Don't know which vehicle you have ordered, but if it has the Auxiliary Parking Heater then beware that the exhaust for the heater is just by the sliding door. So if anyone is sleeping in an awning that side then be careful.
I don't think there is anything specific for a California as regards a draught skirt. I could be wrong. However you could get some aluminium awning rail to be screwed/bonded along the sill below the sliding door and use a caravan draught skirt, or if you have side rails then a piece of canvas/material held to the side rail with Velcro and pegged out.

Fiamma do an awning skirt for the California.

Thanks WelshGas and Rich

- having spent £55k on a brand spanking new van, plus another £1-2 on awning, topper and ISOLITE / ISOTOP, I'm not keen to start drilling bits on to it...

- I saw the Fiamma. It says to suit a wheel base of 2770 and the T6 is 3000, so should fit...?

- Also, I saw another review where the fastening to front wheel doesn't work with alloys on T5 and later - but I could screw one of those corkscrew dog lead holders into the ground near front wheel and fasten to that instead.

Cheers
Alison

Why don't you tie the dog to the cork screw thing, job done:bananadance

Snowy55 - nice one :thumb - not sure the furry friends will agree with you on that...

Larry lamb - the Fiamma doesn't have eyelets along the bottom to peg it down in seasonal conditions (i.e. high winds or a bitch looking for a mate, or, heaven forbid, both!)... There's a sail maker down the road in Montrose that I might go to and have one made. I know of several people who've had covers made for their dog crates which are more robust and competitive than ones you can buy.

Snowy55 - nice one :thumb - not sure the furry friends will agree with you on that...

Larry lamb - the Fiamma doesn't have eyelets along the bottom to peg it down in seasonal conditions (i.e. high winds or a bitch looking for a mate, or, heaven forbid, both!)... There's a sail maker down the road in Montrose that I might go to and have one made. I know of several people who've had covers made for their dog crates which are more robust and competitive than ones you can buy.
Sorry but I must disagree regarding " your furry friends would not agree ". In a public space it is your responsibility to ensure your dog is under control at all times. Leaving it/them in a canvas awning with a piece of cloth and some pegs does not,in my mind, constitute control. We had a dog for 17 years and although well trained was always on a secure lead when members of the public were around. A friends son was also bitten by a dog , according to the owners " completely out of character, he is so good with children and so on.
Please don't take it personally but do take responsibility if camping. Not everyone's a dog lover.

Sorry but I must disagree regarding " your furry friends would not agree ". In a public space it is your responsibility to ensure your dog is under control at all times. Leaving it/them in a canvas awning with a piece of cloth and some pegs does not,in my mind, constitute control. We had a dog for 17 years and although well trained was always on a secure lead when members of the public were around. A friends son was also bitten by a dog , according to the owners " completely out of character, he is so good with children and so on.
Please don't take it personally but do take responsibility if camping. Not everyone's a dog lover.

Not taking it personally. That's why i want a skirt with pegs. My dogs are never loose without me being there. Not even in the garden.