Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draught

paulo12

paulo12

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
been away this weekend we have an Ocean been warm enough with the heater On however theres been a right draught coming from the cupboards under the sink has anyone else noticed this and has anyone any ideas for stopping it thanks

There is definitely a huge difference in temperature in the cupboard when its cold enough to use the heater in the living area but not really noticed a draught coming in to the living area from the cupboards. It's just very apparent when you open them.

There is definitely a huge difference in temperature in the cupboard when its cold enough to use the heater in the living area but not really noticed a draught coming in to the living area from the cupboards. It's just very apparent when you open them.
yes that’s what I meant really used to have a conversion that was insulated and there were no cold spots like that

been away this weekend we have an Ocean been warm enough with the heater On however theres been a right draught coming from the cupboards under the sink has anyone else noticed this and has anyone any ideas for stopping it thanks
There is NO insulation on the California body panels, so the Kitchen Cupboards and Wardrobes will take on the outside temperature. So when opened there will appear to be a draught but this is just the cold air being replaced by the warmer cabin air. Perfectly normal, especially with the Parking Heater on and hence a larger temperature difference, hence the need for adequate ventilation otherwise those body panels will attract condensation.

With this system, condensation will come and will go and cause no harm. With conversions and lots of insulation you will still get condensation, often under the insulation and it will stay there much longer and cause problems, especially if used during the winter.

yes that’s what I meant really used to have a conversion that was insulated and there were no cold spots like that
Ah I had a hunch thats what you meant......
Not really heard of anybody trying to find a solution.
Personally I just shut them quickly and appreciate how well the heater is doing.
I have heard of others leaving them open to help the fresh water temperature which would help with a more constant temperature into the bargain.

I always thought it was the beach that no insulation, interesting to hear its the same on the SE.

I wonder if a little insulation in the back of the cupboard may help?

I always thought it was the beach that no insulation, interesting to hear its the same on the SE.

I wonder if a little insulation in the back of the cupboard may help?
It might have an effect, but would just trap condensation. Better to just turn the heater up that’s why it’s there, or just leave the kitchen doors open slightly.

There is NO insulation on the California body panels, so the Kitchen Cupboards and Wardrobes will take on the outside temperature. So when opened there will appear to be a draught but this is just the cold air being replaced by the warmer cabin air. Perfectly normal, especially with the Parking Heater on and hence a larger temperature difference, hence the need for adequate ventilation otherwise those body panels will attract condensation.

With this system, condensation will come and will go and cause no harm. With conversions and lots of insulation you will still get condensation, often under the insulation and it will stay there much longer and cause problems, especially if used during the winter.
Agree. I have a cheap in/out thermometer with the remote sensor located in the bottom of the rear cupboard next to the fresh water drain. The difference in temperature between this and the living area is considerable, eg 8 degrees when 22 degrees in the living area.

This is good for a kitchen cupboard, acts like a larder keeping food fresher for longer.

This is good for a kitchen cupboard, acts like a larder keeping food fresher for longer.
In winter yes, in summer could be hotter than the cabin, if that side in the sun.

In winter yes, in summer could be hotter than the cabin, if that side in the sun.
Yes of course, we had to remove the round cover at the base of the fridge in summer to let hot air out of the compressor area. Our German Cali neighbour had his fridge cutout due to the sun on that side of the Cali.

Draught excluder?

I use a draught excluder.....has worked out quite expensive as i've been married to her for a number of years. But she likes to sleep that side of the bed and as such i've not had any issues with draughts from the units.

Back