Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive away awning (inflatable)

Craig Gilbert

Craig Gilbert

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
Hi,
Looking to buy a drive away awning, for my ocean, any recommendations?.
Something easy to put up.
Not a big one, just thinking if it's inclement weather somewhere to dry the dog off, and just that little bit extra room.
Tks

You will get a multitude of answers as everyones awning very personal.

We got the Vango Tolga for the reasons you state. Smaller but big enough to hold us and a table if raining. We only use if parked up for more than one night.

Thanks Dave, I shall check that out, was looking at the Olpro, would be nice to get to a show and see different makes attached to vehicles.

Usually quite a few on Facebook marketplace this time of year. From what you've said about your intended use you may be better off with an 'awning room' (three sides that attach to the wind out awning). Smaller so less storage issue, easier to take down & put up, less of a problem when packing wet.

If you do look at standard awnings remember the Cali door is on the 'wrong' side, so if you buy an awning that runs alongside the vehicle (eg Vango galli) think about which way round you want it to sit. Vango do RSV versions for vehicles with sliding doors on the UK drivers side. Obviously this is not an issue if you go for a Kela type awning at right angles to the vehicle.

I'd recommend something with fixed rather than clip in groundsheet, but others may have different preferences. Thin tents rustle more in the wind, so if you like a quiet night sleep get something made of thicker fabric. This will be more bulky but also less prone to tearing.