Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive-away awning rail

C

CAPTAINBUCK01

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi all,
Im not sure if this is the correct page to post in, but I am after some fitting instructions/advice for my drive away awning rail which I have purchased from VW. It comes with tape, primer and adhesive but im just after a nudge in the right direction from someone that might have had experience in fitting one of these?

Hi all,
Im not sure if this is the correct page to post in, but I am after some fitting instructions/advice for my drive away awning rail which I have purchased from VW. It comes with tape, primer and adhesive but im just after a nudge in the right direction from someone that might have had experience in fitting one of these?
Which vehicle do you have?

Which awning rail are you planning on fitting?

I didn’t realise VW had stopped fitting awning rails.

I agree. Cali has awning rails fitted both sides at the factory

I have to assume its a conversion. But the wrong place still to ask as cali owners have never fitted one. Maybe best to ask on the t6 forum

If you don’t have a Cali, then it’s better to screw & glue the rail with Silkafix ; Send the VW one back and get a Reimo Multirail or Stiches &Steel instead, they are far more sturdy and come with full instructions, pilot screws, fixing screws & adhesive. The only additional thing you need to buy is Silkafix remover to remove the excess before it cures.

Last edited:
Back