Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drivers Seat - Height Adjustment no an option.

Bredenoord

Bredenoord

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, Just returned from Lookers Guildford to talk through the last bits of my buy configurations. I am specifically looking for a 4Motion and thus the Ocean is the only option.

However - the driver's seat can swivel but not adjust in height. - A feature that has always my VW an option for me. This is super disappointing as it makes the vehicle unusable for me. I am 6'4" and my head now bumps against the sliding roof.

Has anybody had this challenge?
  • It seems not a standard option to "unselect" a swivel chair.
Kind regards

Gerard

Yep! I had a similar problem (6’5”) so my 2018 Ocean has a height adjustable driver’s seat. I do think the seat squab has given a bit over the past 15,000 miles (or I’ve shrunk) so perhaps I wouldn’t need it anymore, but frankly, turning the driver’s seat looked like a bit of a performance anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Just returned from Lookers Guildford to talk through the last bits of my buy configurations. I am specifically looking for a 4Motion and thus the Ocean is the only option.

However - the driver's seat can swivel but not adjust in height. - A feature that has always my VW an option for me. This is super disappointing as it makes the vehicle unusable for me. I am 6'4" and my head now bumps against the sliding roof.

Kind regards

Gerard
There used to be seats called comfort seats that had height adjustment. But you lost the swivel action. Maybe you could buy one just for the drivers side. Search swivelgate

Kind regards

Gerard
Hi Gerard,
I have a new top spec for sale if interested let me know

Kind regards

Gerard
Now you’ve got me worried. My 4M Ocean is due in a few weeks and I’ve never sat in one. At 6’ 5” perhaps I should - anyone near Ely kind enough to let me try please? I did hire a Cali Ocean in 2018 and don’t remember headroom being a problem.

Now you’ve got me worried. My 4M Ocean is due in a few weeks and I’ve never sat in one. At 6’ 5” perhaps I should - anyone near Ely kind enough to let me try please? I did hire a Cali Ocean in 2018 and don’t remember headroom being a problem.
It's not the overall height that matters but trunk and leg length.
You can have short trunk and long legs, in which case forward/backward seat movement is more important coupled with arm length, whereas a long trunk and short legs make seat height more important.
RAF pilots are measured to determine which planes they can fly.

It's not the overall height that matters but trunk and leg length.
You can have short trunk and long legs, in which case forward/backward seat movement is more important coupled with arm length, whereas a long trunk and short legs make seat height more important.
RAF pilots are measured to determine which planes they can fly.
In case anyone winders why RAF Pilots leg length is important - if a Fighter Pilot had long legs they would get amputated when Ejector seat used.

In case anyone winders why RAF Pilots leg length is important - if a Fighter Pilot had long legs they would get amputated when Ejector seat used.
Dealbreaker right there

Solution...

Order a non-swivel seat or seats and add Sportscraft swivels after delivery. That's exactly what I have so if you want measurements of the seating in this configuration please let me know.
Added to that have the handbrake mounting lowered to better clear the seat however that still means the handbrake has to be released to swivel the seat.

PS rotating the seat is not a problem simply a knack that has to learned.

Short arms are a problem as well. When securely strapped in All controls must be accessible as it is difficult to lean forward.