Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dubious new threads?

I've seen a couple of new threads in past day or two that ring faint alarm bells to me.

Cyber attacks are sometimes started via forums. A new 'member' engages the existing community in a friendly discussion then later on shares links (purported photos, doc files etc) that actually spoof to a hidden malware payload. They may be less harmful, ie just basic clickbaiting.

I'm not going to point to any specific threads, as I may be wrong, but personally I'm a bit cautious when I see a new user popping up from outside the UK with a very generic intro/question that could easily be phishing.

I'm sure the mods can watch out for this, sorry to raise it as I'm sure most of us are well aware of this type of thing but I'd hate anyone to get caught out.

Well I guess you may be referring to me - as I am new to the forum - live in Switzerland - and asked a generic question about T6 roof tape and a pointer to the VW recall (if there is one).-

Amazed by the paranoia this caused! - alarm bells - oh dear !!! Please feel free to check me out on whatever level you like.....

Well I guess you may be referring to me - as I am new to the forum - live in Switzerland - and asked a generic question about T6 roof tape and a pointer to the VW recall (if there is one).-

Amazed by the paranoia this caused! - alarm bells - oh dear !!! Please feel free to check me out on whatever level you like.....
Hi Kris, don't panic it wasn't your you or your thread. :thumb

No, not you Kris. There were just a couple of rather odd new threads which have now been taken down by the mods I think.

It's usually pretty clear when a new member is 'genuine' as they write with at least a modicum of apparent knowledge of what a VW California is.