Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duo paint schemes no longer available?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has anyone noticed that the duo colour paint options have mysteriously disappeared from the configurator? There may be a simple explanation but could this be to help speed up production prior to the 31st October?

I heard only this week that our new duo coloured Beach will be built starting mid September. Will I be getting a telephone call from the dealer about this I wonder?

I had a look at the configurator the other day after you posted about roof bellows and it looks like a lot of the Beach options have disappeared.

Maybe they are simplifying the line, is yours going to be the last of the T6 or the first of the T6.1?

I had a look at the configurator the other day after you posted about roof bellows and it looks like a lot of the Beach options have disappeared.

Maybe they are simplifying the line, is yours going to be the last of the T6 or the first of the T6.1?
Last of the T6. Not a fan of the new look T6-1.

IMO buying the last of a line is usually best for the following reasons:
1. Most of the problems will have been dealt with by then.
2. The new model may well come with it's own set of new problems.
3. Often manufacturers will give you a better spec to encourage people not to wait for the new model.
4. There are usually some excellent deals to be had on last of the line models.
5. Often discounts are few and far between on brand new models.
6. And it's not as if the T6 - 1 is going to offer a vast step change in either design or innovation.

I think the new T6.1 has some if the best changes we have seen on the California, like the new control panel etc. I would certainly have waited with it being that close to the change.

I have heard a *rumour* that the Beach may no longer be available in the future. Only time will tell...

I think the new T6.1 has some if the best changes we have seen on the California, like the new control panel etc. I would certainly have waited with it being that close to the change.

I figured the new control panel wasn’t worth £10K + to me so have just bought a new T6 but each to their own!

Horses for courses Kirk,

That new dash was one of the prime reasons that I decided not to wait. It's purely my opinion but I think it's ghastly. I like function over form, every time. That dash is quite the reverse. It's all over the place with gaps and odd shaped bits and pieces. There's no symmetry to it and all in the name of style.

What's wrong with the current T6 dash? Nothing. It's neat, functional and not unpleasant on the eye. And that's my main gripe. If I've got to sit in a vehicle for tens of thousands of miles I don't want to be gritting my teeth every time I glance down at someones idea of edgy modern avantguarde styling.

Then there's the new instruments! They look to me like something from a seaside amusement arcade. I don't want to be entertained or amused by a coloured array of over information when I'm driving. I just need the basics, that are beautifully laid out in front of you on the current T6.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just saying.

I have heard a *rumour* that the Beach may no longer be available in the future. Only time will tell...
I'm glad I've just ordered one then!

I can't see why that would be the case though. They are a very popular and versatile vehicle that must be much easier to make and be more profitable for VW than an Ocean.

Hopefully they won't discontinue and it's just a rumour.

Having previously owned an MH for a number of years we knew from our past experience just how little we used the cooking and sink facilities, hence we've ordered a Beach with options, let's hope it gets here before 31st October.

Daz..

Risk of a 10% WTO tariff being slapped on in the case of no-deal would definitely suggest otherwise!

See presentation video of T6.1 California on another thread of this forum, includes new Beach with cooker that folds down into interior side panel where the table mounting rail is.

Has anyone noticed that the duo colour paint options have mysteriously disappeared from the configurator? There may be a simple explanation but could this be to help speed up production prior to the 31st October?

I heard only this week that our new duo coloured Beach will be built starting mid September. Will I be getting a telephone call from the dealer about this I wonder?
Was at the dealership with our navy/white two tone Cali ocean having a service and spotted a two tone orange and white that looked quite funky but knew that wasn’t an option when we ordered ours last autumn. Service agent said it was a wrap! I’d not have known the difference. If your two tone gets cancelled ask them about wrapping half of it, the van being sold was the Managers own, so they must have arranged it.

Was at the dealership with our navy/white two tone Cali ocean having a service and spotted a two tone orange and white that looked quite funky but knew that wasn’t an option when we ordered ours last autumn. Service agent said it was a wrap! I’d not have known the difference. If your two tone gets cancelled ask them about wrapping half of it, the van being sold was the Managers own, so they must have arranged it.
If it gets cancelled I think we would be happy to have Acapulco blue again, a brilliant colour that always looks good. It was only our eldest that said we must have a different colour scheme. We went for Candy White and Starlight Blue. Is that what you have? If it is, how have you got on with that scheme? I must say it does look stunning but I'm a little concerned about how much work it's goint to be to keep clean.

The Spanish website configurator is having it's annual updates done. My dealer says it will take until the middle of Sept' before all the updates from VW have been loaded throughout europe. This is the reason parts of the configurator systems are missing.

If it gets cancelled I think we would be happy to have Acapulco blue again, a brilliant colour that always looks good. It was only our eldest that said we must have a different colour scheme. We went for Candy White and Starlight Blue. Is that what you have? If it is, how have you got on with that scheme? I must say it does look stunning but I'm a little concerned about how much work it's goint to be to keep clean.

7AC72353-6EDD-4612-B72E-47617BF97E62.jpeg

This is our girl Flossie, not sure the official colour name but classy navy and white.

Horses for courses Kirk,

That new dash was one of the prime reasons that I decided not to wait. It's purely my opinion but I think it's ghastly. I like function over form, every time. That dash is quite the reverse. It's all over the place with gaps and odd shaped bits and pieces. There's no symmetry to it and all in the name of style.

What's wrong with the current T6 dash? Nothing. It's neat, functional and not unpleasant on the eye. And that's my main gripe. If I've got to sit in a vehicle for tens of thousands of miles I don't want to be gritting my teeth every time I glance down at someones idea of edgy modern avantguarde styling.

Then there's the new instruments! They look to me like something from a seaside amusement arcade. I don't want to be entertained or amused by a coloured array of over information when I'm driving. I just need the basics, that are beautifully laid out in front of you on the current T6.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just saying.
I agree and (I may be biased having just taken delivery of a T6) but the more complicated the more that can go wrong - so why complicate further a vehicle that is already complex.

After months of research, today we tried to finalise our order before tomorrows deadline only to find that the duo paint scheme on the outgoing T6 is no longer an option (confirmed by Paul + Reading). We're gutted. So rather than rush a colour decision overnight, we're having our deposit refunded and plan to sit tight and consider what to do next. We may well end up going for the 6.1 refresh if we can't find another two tone white over blue in the network.

Why not order a white one and have it professionally wrapped?

I was in a dealer last Thursday with my Australian cousin who is looking to buy here and was told manual gearbox no longer available even though it may be on the configurator.

Why not order a white one and have it professionally wrapped?
Hi Elmo, I don't know enough about the pros and cons of vinyl wrap to make what would be a rush decision in order to make the deadline for ordering tomorrow. We'll watch the used market and keep an eye on the 6.1. I just find it incredibly frustrating that this type of change happens after our decisions and deposit have been made and in such a way that main dealers don't see it coming.

Back