Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Early Cali XXl prototype spotted on ebay

WillSS

WillSS

2 seater beach
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looks like one of the early California XXL prototypes has found its way onto Ebay, this one based on the classic VW LT45 offering the lucky buyer a rare opportunity to own their own slice of VW heritage. It just needs some cosmetic finishing as per the very detailed description.

VW LT45, Motorhome, Campervan, Conversion

I'll be keeping a close eye on the bidding and, (at the risk of showing all my cards), will be snapping it up if it stays below the £20k mark.

IMG_4097.jpg IMG_4098.jpg IMG_4099.jpg IMG_4100.jpg IMG_4101.jpg IMG_4102.jpg IMG_4104.jpg IMG_4105.jpg IMG_4106.jpg IMG_4109.jpg

It's a shame VW dropped the wood burner in their current Crafter version, I'm sure with their know how they could have 'tweaked' the software to meet the Euro6 emissions.

Pure craftmanship there. The awning looks particularly impressive...

When in Bridport last weekend there was a LT parked up rebuilt like the big motorhomes . Was wondering how old that must have been .
Should have taken a picture...

And we worry about having our euro5 beeing banned in city's ;)

The wood effect rear door adds a certain style to the vehicle.
I wondered if the wood burning device was a possible way of generating steam as an alternative power source.

The wood effect rear door adds a certain style to the vehicle.
I wondered if the wood burning device was a possible way of generating steam as an alternative power source.

Do you ever not think about steamtrains....;)

I cant work out if someone has ruined a perfectly good shed by attaching a vw to it, or ruined a Vw by attaching a shed.

Its certainly a good advert as to why a California may be a good buy rather than going the DIY route.

Caravan and Motorhome Club eligible? Yes siree Bob, you betya!

Glad that eBay link didn't open with smelevision. My imagination alone was drumming up all kinds of unpleasant odors...

Looks like the latest offering from Bodger, Bodge-it and Leggit conversions.

But the mirror is a big improvement sizewise on my T5, just needs some adjustment.

Back