Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hook up socket plug removal difficult

Fourmilecali

Fourmilecali

Fourmilecali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
A true cali Se beginner armed with the instruction books. I have tried plugging in the connecting plug for external electrical charging. No problem. However the removal of the plug is very difficult such that it was completely stuck. I followed the instructions by pressing down the blue plastic lever and still stuck. Only after, what I would call excessive force did the plug dislodge. Is it me doing something wrong or a normal issue?

It is quite stiff, I only noticed the blue lever this year so I have spent the last 12 months just pulling it out.

I don't think the lever helps much.

T

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That reply sounds better if you ignore the Carry on camping inuendo!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Exactly the same as mine
In the end I didn't know if the little tag should be up or down :crazy when trying to remove plug from socket.
Think I have Sussed it now,what I do is lift the the lever up and pull and wiggle at the same time.
....job done :D

As you push the 16v socket in, it is retained by the "lid" of the socket, clicking over a plastic tag. When you push down on the lever, it should pop the "lid" back up over the tag.

It shouldn't require lots of force. My lever was stiff to begin with but got better with use. If in doubt, just lift the lid as you pull on the socket.

Thanks for your prompt replies. The Carry On films were part of my youth so why not a few quotes!

Back