Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine management light

P

Paul Merone 62

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Please can someone help me

I have warning light coming on intermittently.
It's an orange coil which is flashing but only occasionally.
I called into a garage and they plugged their machine in and read the codes. See attached.
They couldn't do anything else today and I am going away in it tomorrow. I'm wondering if it will be ok to go away tomorrow. About 150 miles each way.
The light came on about 2 weeks ago for a short while but since then I've been to Orkney and back ( about 900 miles) with no problems.
Just came on again today after a 90 mile journey. Any advice gratefully received.

IMG_20240620_161820.jpg

Please can someone help me

I have warning light coming on intermittently.
It's an orange coil which is flashing but only occasionally.
I called into a garage and they plugged their machine in and read the codes. See attached.
They couldn't do anything else today and I am going away in it tomorrow. I'm wondering if it will be ok to go away tomorrow. About 150 miles each way.
The light came on about 2 weeks ago for a short while but since then I've been to Orkney and back ( about 900 miles) with no problems.
Just came on again today after a 90 mile journey. Any advice gratefully received.

View attachment 124973
That most probably needs a new EGR. How many miles has your vehicle done?

The light came on on mine. Cleared it with Carista and continued driving for a few thousand miles before getting an appointment to replace the EGr valve and cooler both. At 50,000 mls, considered this as a regular maintenance item.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There are free tools online that allow you to enter the code and get a description:

may be of help

did the garage who read the codes not advise what the issue was ? And if it was safe (no damage) drive ?

Last edited:
N
There are free tools online that allow you to enter the code and get a description:

may be of help

did the garage who read tge vides mit advise what the issue was ? And if it was safe (no damage) drive ?
No. I would have to book it in for that. I went on my trip anyway. The warning light came on straight away but I stopped and restarted the engine and it's has not come on since. Now done 250 miles with no problems. I will get it checked out properly when I'm back.

Thank you all for your help.

Back