Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine oil spec for a 2008 2.5 SE 174

GreatResigner

GreatResigner

Done sending emails
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I am new to Cali ownership and usually change the oil for all my vehicles myself. Does anyone have any information on the correct spec engine oil for my vehicle? It is a 2008 2.5 SE 174. I am guessing given it is a 2008 that it is a “later” 2.5 with a DPF fitted. So far I have discovered that it may use a 506.01 spec, or more likely a 507.00 spec. If there’s anyone with the experience to advise here, that would be most helpful.

the 507 spec is the one
Although that's correct, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. I can't recall all the research I went through for my 06 bnz engine (the first year of the dpf) but settled on this one....
Screenshot_20240209_110810_eBay.jpg

Although that's correct, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. I can't recall all the research I went through for my 06 bnz engine (the first year of the dpf) but settled on this one....
View attachment 119006
Millers oils will meet certain manufacturer grades such as VAG 507 spec , for a particular product they sell.

it’s the same for all reputable oil manufacturers, they cross reference their product to the car manufacturers spec.

im sure millers will have a reference chart on their website which cross reference their oils to Car manufacturers specifications.

Last edited:
View attachment 119006
Thanks for this. I followed that up and saw this oil at a fair price on Opie Oils. For now I have bought the Quantum 5-30 one off of Heritage, which they say is the genuine fluid. Had a discount code that could not go to waste! :)

Back