Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Eriba - Cali owner ?

Paul1

Paul1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
we sometimes tow our Eriba Troll, have noticed they are very popular with California owners. Any forum members tow with a Eriba ? Paul.

No, but I was admiring them at the NEC show, on my wish list.:thumb

For me Eribas are the acceptable face of caravanning! We have a Mini convertible and I quite fancy towing a vintage Eriba Puck sur le continent

I think you will find that unfortunately you can't legally tow with a mini convertible. I wanted a tow bar on mine to take a bike rack & couldn't get anyone to fit one.

Oh that's a surprise I'd thought that one of the ancient ones would be ok as they weigh very little - or is that not the legal issue you refer to?

(Sorry for the digression Paul)

we sometimes tow our Eriba Troll, have noticed they are very popular with California owners. Any forum members tow with a Eriba ? Paul.[/QUOT
we sometimes tow our Eriba Troll, have noticed they are very popular with California owners. Any forum members tow with a Eriba ? Paul.
bump

Possibly something to do with the integrity of the bodywork not having a roof.

For me Eribas are the acceptable face of caravanning! We have a Mini convertible and I quite fancy towing a vintage Eriba Puck sur le continent

Those Eribas do seem very popular.
Always loved the look of an airstream. Not sure if a Cali would tow one and they are horribly expensive

Mini convertables don't have type approval to have a tow bar fitted unlike some of the hatches which since 2009 is a legal requirement.
All the "s" models also have an exhaust right in the middle exactly where you would want to put a tow bar.

I like them, they look like a neat gadget! :D

I saw recently eriba touring triton 430 at Camper Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf and fall in love, it's simply nice and shapely if you can say that about the caravan.If I didn't have my California I would probably buy it

Im considering an Eriba for extra space and less faf or a "Barefoot" they are retro looking and have a proper Toilet and shower..

I bought a 2 year old Eriba 430 in July to pull behind my 6.1 Coast; absolutely no regrets, easy to tow and gives more flexibility, space and a small bathroom. Just one night away we just take the Cali, more than that we take the Eriba. We bought this 430 privately but have just ordered a 530 from Adventure Leisure.

I bought a 2 year old Eriba 430 in July to pull behind my 6.1 Coast; absolutely no regrets, easy to tow and gives more flexibility, space and a small bathroom. Just one night away we just take the Cali, more than that we take the Eriba. We bought this 430 privately but have just ordered a 530 from Adventure Leisure.
Yes im thinking its the way forward however a challenge I need to overcome is where to park an Eriba as I only have room for the California and a car at home

for the same reason - lack of space, I did not buy a bigger campervan or a caravan.
it is a pity to spend so much money and keep it outside, even outside I don't have a place because the plot is small, I would have to reduce the garden, neither I nor my wife want to. Although my wife would prefer a slightly larger motorhome, she regrets not having a shower in our Cali.

Yes im thinking its the way forward however a challenge I need to overcome is where to park an Eriba as I only have room for the California and a car at home
I’ve found a professional storage place at a caravan dealer for my Eriba. Tall fences, electric tag for opening the gates, etc. Maybe one local to you?

My local eriba dealer - but local is not proper word is 270km away from me.
This weekend we have a Camper Caravan Show in Warsaw, but I am afraid to go there because of the second stroke of coronavirus, which is now much worse here than it was in spring.

I’ve found a professional storage place at a caravan dealer for my Eriba. Tall fences, electric tag for opening the gates, etc. Maybe one local to you?
Yes its certainly a consideration ive not looked in to storage as yet

Could any Eriba owner comment on a query I have?
My garage door head is at 2.23m. I seem to remember having seen a statement made that the 430 height is 2.35m (although current brochures give an approximate dimension of 2.26m!), and I was wondering if the tyre pressures were reduced it would be possible to squeeze it through my door height? Any comment would be appreciated. Thanks.